we can be goals-Blackbear

You were happy with you were with. You had a great life, great husband, great kid,great house etc.... Just everything you were grateful for.  You were in the kitchen with your husband,shaun, and daughter,paisley.

Shaun was helping you fix dinner while Paisley was gnawing on her teasing toy

Shaun was helping you fix dinner while Paisley was gnawing on her teasing toy. You then got a phone call. Shaun volunteered to pick it up but you knew exactly who it was.

"No I'll get. Business call I bet." You quickly grabbed your phone. "I knew it " you thought to yourself.  You answered while walking outside.

"Hey bear." You said not so happy.

"Why so sad? It's me baby."  He said. You sighed to yourself and combed through your hair in frustration. "What did I tell you? Don't call me that. I ain't your baby no more." I argued. He smacked his lips.

"Ever since you got with Prince"everything" you aren't. I don't understand why you don't love me no more,t/n. We could be everything together. If give you the world,is give you the secret to life,I would steal the moon for you.
.id even take a bullet for you. We could be goals  but you keep playing me."

I wiped a stray tear away. "No one was playing you. I was with you and Shaun at the same time  cause I needed to figure out what I wanted and he was what I wanted." There was silence.

"Ok.  Did you ever think about what at least could've been? Our babies? Our home? Just you and me fighting the world?" He asked.

I smiled. "All the time. You were truly always there for me." I genuinely.

He said"you're right. Can i just say that Shaun is lucky?" He hung up.

I bit down on my bottome lip and started to cry. What's funny is that...i decided to be with Shaun because I knew i was no good for bear.

I never will be.