"Oh Max..." (Nathan's POV)

Okay so this is a oneshot from Nathan's POV of chapter 14. I've written it because someone requested it and other people keep asking me to write more from Nathan's POV, but this is slightly rushed and I haven't proof-read it so please bear with me

"That's great, Nathan" Scooter praised, "do you wanna do your parts on Warzone now?"

I knew that I would have to do this at some point. I knew that I would have to sing a song I'd written about Sophie in front of her eventually, I just wasn't sure I wanted to just yet.

"Yeah" I mumbled, knowing I wouldn't be able to get out of it. My eyes involuntarily found Sophie's bright blue ones staring back at me.

Crap, will she realise that it's about her?

The music began and the haunting piano melody flowed through my headphones and into my ears. I thought about that night, thought about when I saw Sophie and Scott kissing and how it felt like my heart had been ripped out.

"I can't believe I had to see
The girl of my dreams cheating on me"

I thought about afterwards when she'd found me in the park and about how I'd felt once I'd left and about how I'd felt the next morning when I'd remembered what had happened.

"The pain you caused has left me dead inside
I'm gonna make sure you regret that night"

I thought about how I felt when I'd written this song. I thought about how much I thought I hated her for hurting me the way she did.

"I feel you close, I feel you breathe
And now it's like you're here
You're haunting me"

And now she was here, touring with my and the lads, and it felt like her beautiful face was haunting me, haunting my dreams.

"You're out of line, you're out of sight
You're the reason that we started this fight"

I realised I'd been staring at her, quite intensely, throughout the whole verse. I wondered if she'd realised that it was about her.

The emotion on her face that she was trying to hide but I could see right through was almost... hurt.

I guess she knew it was about her then.

Hold on, hurt? What has she got to be hurt about? I was the one who was cheated on. I was the one who was hurt. Not her.

"Really good, Nathan" Scooter smiled, "You wanna run it again?"

I nodded and had to sing the whole thing all over again. Even though it was probably one of the best songs I'd written, it was hard to sing because it brought all the emotions back to me. The fact the girl I'd bloody written it about was sat there, staring at me, knowing it was written about her, just made it a million times harder.

When I was done, I left the booth and returned to my seat on the couch. Unfortunately it was next to Sophie and there was an unmistakable tension in the air between us.

What was worse was that, earlier, when she sang that song about her nan, I was starting to betray myself. I gave her a sad smile, because I knew how great her nan was. I remember how upset Sophie was when she died, I remember her ringing me from the hospital and crying down the phone to me and I remember how heart breaking it was to hear. I remember holding her hand at the funeral, I remember whispering comforting words in her ear when they lowered the coffin and I remember wiping her tears away afterwards.

In fact, lots of memories of mine and Sophie's relationship started to come back to me. I remembered the first time I'd met her nan and she was flirting with me and Sophie was getting all embarrassed but I went along with it anyway just to annoy her. I remembered meeting her mum for the first time and teasing Sophie about how I thought she was hot. I remembered her meeting my mum for the first time and how after she'd gone home, my mum was telling me how lovely and wonderful of a girl Sophie was and that I should hold onto her and never let her go, because girls like her don't come along very often.