Part 25: The Great escape

Začít od začátku

"Now we sneak as far as possible and if need be we fight our way out," Tsunade makes a fist.

In the shadows they sneak past guards and more masked men. Everybody on high alert. The security is tight but they manage to get far. The place seemed to be on tight lock down.

A group of guards jog past them as they hide in the shadows. Preparing for the final stretch they have to figure out a way past the large gate.

"I'll smash it," Tsunade cracks her knuckles. 

"Got it."

Suddenly a great white light shines on them revealing their location. Every enemy possible rushes to them armed with kunai and other weapons.

Tsunade and Dan stand back to back. She locks her fingers with his looking at him for approval. He nods with a determined smile.

She throws him into the air as high as possible. Their enemy all look up for a moment making Dan the perfect distraction.

Using this Tsunade punches the ground sending them all flying and pieced of rubble rain down everywhere. Dan comes back with a dive taking out several enemies.

The rest storm at them but Tsunade takes them down with ease. Behind her Dan takes out more enemies using advanced taijutsu skills.

Suddenly the entire crowd goes quiet as a man dragging a giant sword approaches them. All the masked men make way for him as he pushes through the crowd.

His clothes drag through the dirt a hoodie hiding his face. His face is only partially visible in the light. The crowd begins to stir as he stops in front of Tsunade and Dan.

"The Master cannot let you go," he sneers.

"Oh yeah? Bring it," Tsunade mocks.

With a grin he suddenly moves swinging the sword right at her. Initially he misses as she evades his attack. The sword hits the ground between Dan and Tsunade.

He then turns his attention to Dan. He disappears and reappears behind him aiming to slice Dan from the back. He however misses as Dan jumps into the air kicking him in the face.

Tsunade tries to help but the other masked men started to attack her attempting to overwhelm her. For a brief moment the crowd swallows her.

Dan panics but is too distracted to help her as he avoids being cut in half. He ducks as the tips of his pale blue hair is cut.

Tsunade suddenly bursts out of the crowd sending half of them flying in the other direction. She emerges breathing heavily.

Just then there is a large thunder like noise. The ground shakes underneath their feet. The giant gate crumbles and a large cloud of dust is sent into the air.

The moonlight is blocked out by something big as a building. But nobody can see because of the dust. Tsunade narrows her eyes and smiles realising who it is.

The dust fades quickly revealing a giant red toad smoking a pipe. On top of him is a man standing with his arms folded and one smaller green toad on his shoulder.

"You two alright?" He asks jumping from the giant toad.

"Jiraiya!" Tsunade smiles,"we're alright."

"Gamabunta take out the trash," Jiraiya looks at the toad.

"Thank you Jiraiya," Dan smiles.

"Don't mention it and I brought back up," he laughs from the pit of his stomach,"she is just like her --"

"Mom! Dad!" Their daughter runs to them.

"Akira sweetheart," Tsunade hugs her.

"I had to come rescue you two along with master Jiraiya," she smiles.

"Hold on," Tsunade takes a step back.

She bites her thumb and puts her hand to the ground. Symbols appear in a circle around her as she says,"summoning jutsu!"

Katsuyu then appears greeting Tsunade,Dan,Akira and Jiraiya. Tsunade orders her to go help Gamabunta round up the enemy and free the prisoners.

"How did you find us?" Dan asks,"I thought nobody could detect people inside this dome?"

"Sage mode," he points out,"it can detect anyone."

A few hours later ...

All the prisoners are freed and allowed to return home. The people in white masks as well as their ring leader the Master has also been captured. He curses as Dan ties him up.

After that all the prisoners are carried back to the Hidden Leaf on Gamabunta's back. By the time they reach the village it is already sunrise.

Dan walks behind quietly as Tsunade explains everything to Jiraiya and Akira. They agree that the people should be questioned for more information.

A few feet from the entrance Dan suddenly stops. Tsunade notices and stops turning around looking at him. Jiraiya and Akira stop as well curiously watching.

"What's wrong?" Tsunade asks sympathetic.

"Can I have a word with you?" He avoids her gaze.

"I'll take her home," Jiraiya pats Akira's back.

"See you later mom," she walks with Jiraiya.

He suddenly falls to his knees before her. Dan wraps his arms around Tsunade hugging her stomach.

"Tsunade I'm sorry," his voice shakes.

"Dan it's alright it wasn't your fault," she hugs him back.

"I made you a promise that I'd keep you safe but it's always you who saves me," he sounds disappointed.

"I made that promise too," she smiles warm.

He looks up at her with redemption seeking eyes. Tsunade then kneels down before him kissing his forehead before hugging him tight.

"Love conquers all,Dan."