e for easy

"How hard could it be?" Lin asked his wife who was tying her long brown locks of hair into a high ponytail. After doing so, Pippa faces her husband.

"Are you saying it's going to be easy to tell our friends that I'm pregnant?" She raised her eyesbrows at him, almost scoffing at what he had just said.

"I said how hard could it be, not that it's easy." He mumbled, watching her roll her eyes in annoyance.

"You know how hard it was for me to even tell you. Maybe I should've told Jaz and Née before did so," She stated, rising up from the couch. Lin softly took ahold of her hand, sighing.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm really happy for us, you know that. It's just that I'm not worried for their reaction, knowing that probably half of the company have children. They'll be happy for us too, Pip. I'm sure."

She showed him a small smile. His effort to comfort her was lovely. "Thanks, Lin."

"No problem. I love you." He replied with a reassuring nod before placing a kiss on the top of her hand. He slowly released it as she went to grab her husband's beanie and chucking it at him. He quickly caught it and set it atop his head before walking out of their apartment in the Heights.

An arm around Pippa, Lin took a few breaths of the cool air all around them. New York was cold at this time of the year so the couple were glad to be wearing thick coats as they walk to the subway station. Apparently Pippa didn't want Lin to buy a car when they married because she knew that, by experience, trains were surprisingly a faster transportation faster when going to the Richard Rogers.

Pippa only decided to check if she was pregnant when she realized she came home after shows more exhausted than usual. Lin noticed this too and was the first one to suggest a pregnancy test, one specific night of their honeymoon last month always in mind. He had been supportive ever since, even if it took Pippa almost a week to tell him the result.

They luckily got seats in the train. An arm was protectively wrapped around her waist, hand resting on top of her stomach. Her hands were on top of his. Though their baby still needed a lot of time to grow, the Mirandas already had shown so much love and care for him/her. Especially Lin. No surprise.

Pippa couldn't help but feel worried when they got off the train later on and were on their way to Lafayette street. She was afraid of their reactions, even if her contract to Hamilton was more than halfway to expiring. It wouldn't be a surprise to the cast [knowing Lin (wink wink)] but it might affect her work, which she was anxious about.

She did a good job acting like she wasn't afraid, but Lin knew her better than that. He planted a small kiss on her forehead before they entered the theater, ready to prepare for their show that night.

The stage managers and band members who were walking around happily waved at the pair who shot them their best smiles. Lin was genuinely happy seeing everyone working their butts off for another performance because that's what he had done for the past seven years to earn this view. Pippa was simply happy because her hubby was happy.

"Pippa! Lin! There you guys are!" Carleigh shouts across the hallway, waving. "We've been waiting for you!"

"We?" Pippa asked, her heartbeat speeding up.

"Yeah! Most of the company are crowding the stairs and kitchen because of the ton of bagels you ordered!" She laughs. "Javi made a lot of cafecito too, and he won't tell us why!"

Pippa turned to her husband, wide-eyed.

"Lin!"

"I knew you'd be worried, Pip, so I made a few arrangements. I ordered the bagels this morning and asked Javilton to make a lot of cafecito. I didn't tell him why, don't worry. You can do the honors." He stated, taking her hand and slightly squeezing it. "It'll be fine, Pip. I'll be with you when you announce it, don't worry. I'm here."

She couldn't understand why, but what he said created a big confidence boost in her. Knowing her husband cared so much made her really happy.

"I love you, Lin." She whispered, pulling him into an embrace before dragging him towards the area everyone was crowding. She now had the confidence she needed and Lin could tell.

Some of the boxes of bagels were stacked far away from the company, so Pippa takes her shot and starts to rearrange the bagels inside the first box. Lin caught on and started to help her by rearranging the bagels in the second box. Once the couple was finished with the fourth box, they walk towards the area where everyone was and set the boxes down on a table which everyone can see.

"Pip!" Jasmine squealed, waving. Renée does the same, but looked at Pippa with confusion when when she presses a finger on her lips towards the noisy group.

"Guys, shhh! I think Pippa wants to say something!" Sasha said, nudging the ensemble around her.

When everything quieted down, Pippa started off with a smile. "You guys are probably hungry, I know, but I'll tell you the reason now, I swear."

As if rehearsed, Lin opened the first box, revealing the bagels forming a letter B. Next, he opened the second box, revealing the letter A. Being too excited, Pippa quickly opened the last two boxes, the third box having the letter B and the fourth with a Y. "Me and Lin are having a baby, guys."

Screams.

"I knew it!"
"Ha, told you!"
"Called it,"
"Yesss!"
"FINALLY!"

The last scream was from Groff.

Pippa didn't know what to do first, drink the cafecito handed to her or blush at the people congratulating her and her husband.

Lin on the other hand kept an arm around his wife as the men came and slapped his back, some even slapping his butt. Anthony, he thinks, rolling his eyes.

"So was it easy or not?" He asked Pippa who was currently chewing on a bagel. Pippa sighs in defeat as Lin happily drinks his cafecito.

"Yes, Lin. It was easy."

"I told you,"

"No you didn't. You said how hard could it be."

Laughing, he said, "And I said I love you, didn't I?"

"Yes Lin. You said you love me." She smiled, moving in to kiss him but instead taking a bite out of her bagel. She bursts out laughing as Lin grunted, smiling at his wife(and soon to to be mother)'s humor. He was really excited to be a parent with her.