His Perspective (Coming Soon!)

Sneak Peak Prologue Thingy

"What do you mean you're full?" I snapped at the small sophomore girl who was obviously afraid of me just because I was a senior. And the fact that I was at least a foot taller than her. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and put a hand to my forehead.

"I'm sorry, that was uncalled for. Are you sure that there's no more room left?" I smiled at the girl, trying to make myself seem more likable.

"No, I'm sorry," she said and my smile flew somewhere else. "Mrs. Minnegan told me to tell everyone that applications weren't being accepted anymore."

I groaned.

Now what was I supposed to do? I had wanted to be a part of the school newspaper forever. I had told myself that I would do anything to join that club. Anything! My application had been amazing considering it took forever for me to do. I had revised and edited it so many times that I've practically memorized the thing.

Mrs. Minnegan, the newspaper instructor, had given everyone only two weeks to complete the application, which basically meant one week because turning something in at the last minute does not show responsibility.

How did she expect us to create a masterpiece in less than a month? And now she wasn't even giving us full time, cutting the applications off when it had not even been seven days yet. Screw it, I didn't even want to work with someone as delusional as her anyways.

"Thanks anyway," I said with a frown, keeping my rant to myself, and beginning to walk away.

The girl smiled sadly at me. Great, now she pities me. "You should try yearbook, it's almost the same."

Yearbook? Ha! Yearbook was just as bad as the rest of this school. It was all surface. I wanted to go in depth and expose the problems of high school, not take pictures of cheerleaders and mindless boys on steroids. 

The school yearbook just endorses all the stupid things in high school and causes people to stress out. People agonize over their yearbook photos and try to decode what their crush wrote on the autograph page.

Yeah, I buy a yearbook every year, but so what? It's only to prove my point further. One day, when I'm a famous journalist, I'll do an expose' on the horrors of high school and my yearbooks will be the evidence.

And the people who make the yearbooks are no better. They're instigators of the madness. I wouldn't dare become a part of that team. Plus, they're probably all artsy and stuff. I'm not good with artsy and stuff.

All in all, yearbook is for scums.

So what if I, Kennedy Moore, found myself walking to the yearbook room three seconds later.

********************

Did you like it? I tried to portray her as a really strong character. I think I did a pretty good job, what about you?

So this is a sneak peak thingy. I won't officially start the story until I Am Reese is at like 10-15 chapters long because I don't want to start 2 stories at the same time. And this is gonna be a short story. Only 10-15 chapters long. (Those seem to be lucky numbers today)

To all of you who read Behind the Crazy...... SEXY IS BACK! Yeah, I'll try to show him in some of these chapters, but he's not gonna be a main character :(

You know, her views on yearbook are very strong and its funny because I'm friends with everyone who was on yearbook at my school. And someone who's gonna read this is on it.... Can't wait for her reaction....

So anyways, give me some motivation to write guys! Comment! Vote! Fanimos!