Chapter 24

Hey omfg I feel so so so sooooooo bad for leaving you all hanging for so long!
Songs for this chapter:
Good Thing - Sam Smith
Afraid - The Neighbourhood
Things We Lost In The Fire - Bastille
Unconditionally - Katy Perry
Can You Feel My Heart - BMTH
-------
Chapter 24
ALFIE POV
I call for a cab as the cold wind faintly blows and I button up my coat. I wanted to get to the hotel before 10 but that obviously isn't happening. Finally, a yellow taxi drives up and stops. "Oh thank goodness!" Zoe exclaims. I look down at her and smile as she starts pulling her bag to the trunk. The cab driver gets out and places our luggage in the trunk as Zoe and I get in the car, on the verge of anxiety. "I'm feeling all these things at once," Zoe says, "I'm excited and I feel adventurous but also I'm scared. I mean, Alfie. We're in New York."
"I know, that was sort of part of the plan." I chuckle. I take her hand in mine and squeeze it as I move closer to her. "You aren't alone, I'm here." I tell her. She leans her head on my shoulder. "Thanks." she whispers.
Twenty minutes in the cab and I am already squirmy. I'm so nervous, not just because it was a 7 hour flight to get here, but because Zoe is my girlfriend. She's finally mine and its a bit nerve wracking because I don't want to mess things up. I look over at her, her brown hair cascading down her shoulders and the blonde parts resting around her torso. How did I get so lucky?
The snow falls around us outside and I sigh as the cab comes to a halt in front of the hotel. Zoe and I climb out of the taxi car while the driver gets out, helping Zoe with her bags and I grab mine. I pay him the quite expensive fee for the ride and we head inside.
After checking in, we head to the elevator and up to our room. We both look around, impressed by our fancy surroundings.
"This place is just grand, Alfie. How are you paying for this? I feel so guilty." Zoe frowns as she sits on the corner of the bed. "Don't worry about it, just enjoy it, you loser." I reassure her with a chuckle and go on to change the subject because I know she probably won't drop this conversation even if I was teasing her for a minute. "What do you want to eat for lunch?" I ask. "Alfie, I'm honestly not even hungry anymore, I was hoping we could relax." she replies. I run a hand through my hair and take my coat off as she lays back on the bed. "You're right, that was a dumb question; I'm not even hungry myself." I slightly chuckle.
I lay back next to her and scoot a little closer.
"Zoe," I say. "Hmm?" she replies. "Can I tell you something?" I ask, turning on my side to face her.
"Yes," she answers, doing the same.
"You make me so happy." I tell her. "Sometimes I think to myself about how crazy I am for making someone my happiness, but it's you. It always has been." I admit.
"Alfie,"
"Wait-I want to tell you more." I grin and she smiles lightly.
"It's hard to believe that you're actually here with me for me, that you're my best friend and my girlfriend all at once. You make me feel like I'm on cloud 9 without the high of being there. It's like I'm here, and I'm happy." I say and there is a pause.
"You make the words in my head into perfectly drawn sentences, but then when I try to say them, I just freeze up because I don't want to say the wrong thing, you know?" Zoe says, resting her hand on my cheek, her fingers gently outlining my cheekbone. "Yeah I know. I feel the same way." I sigh.
"I'm tired." she says, a faint smile still resting on her beautiful face. "Me too." I reply, turning on my back and staring at the ceiling. Zoe lifts my arm from my chest and positions it where it wraps around her in the right way. She lays her head between my arm and my shoulder comfortably. "I need to tell you something." I whisper in her ear.
"Hmm?" she hums tiredly, and it's barely audible.
"You're so beautiful, you know that?" I stroke her cheek and smile as she lets out another barely audible hum and her breathing slows a bit.
"I love you." I say.
I lift my head slightly to see her sleeping, her long eyelashes resting just above her cheekbones as she breathes slowly in my arms.
**
I open my eyes as they adjust to the dark and turn my head to the clock. It's 11:00 pm. I chuckle a bit due to the fact that we just slept for like ten hours in a hotel room in New York, then go to wake Zoe up.
"Zoe," I grumble, shaking her. She groans, squirming around and rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?" she asks, her voice breaking so much from the tiredness that I can barely understand her. "Eleven o'clock." I reply, sitting up and turning the lamp on. "Well shit." she laughs. I laugh too.
We both feel a bit more awake now, but the jetlag is really starting to screw us over.
"There's nothing to do except watch tv." Zoe complains, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger. She starts playing with the sleeves of her gray cableknit sweater and I scoot closer to her. She smooths out her black mini skirt and rests her hands on her stockings. "Yes there is," I say. "Like what?" she asks. I think for a bit and blush. "I dunno..."
"Tell me!" she giggles. "It's nothing!" I hold my arms up. "Alfie, if you don't tell me..." she says while trying not to laugh. "Tickle fight!" I reach over and grab her sides, tickling her as she squirms and uncontrollably laughs. She reaches to tickle me but I stop her by tickling her more.
We're both laughing so hard and I lean down and kiss her messily, still laughing.
Our giggles eventually reside as Zoe deepens the kiss, grabbing the sides of my face and pulling me closer to her. I start to leave a trail of kisses on her neck as she pulls my shirt off and throws it to the floor. (That escalated quickly) We're now somewhat panting as everything is just going quickly, I'm shirtless, she's shirtless, and we're still kissing.
I scoot her closer to the headboard of the bed and continue to kiss her. By now, all we have on is undergarments even though the hotel room is somewhat freezing. "I'm cold," she whispers. I move off of the top of the blanket and wait until we're both under it until I look Zoe in the eyes and give her a tiny smile. She nods with a small but confident smile on her face, encouraging me to continue what I was doing.

I kissed her again, reaching behind her and unclasping her bra and whatever else until eventually we were both just completely naked under the blanket.

"Happy early New Year." I whispered with a smile.
"I love you." she said.

What happened next, I will leave to you to imagine.
-----
I'm so sorry for the fluff/friskiness im kms and laughin and crying at the same time it just had to be done i mean hey its zalfie they prob seen each other naked before anyway lmao.
oh my god you guys this fanfic has like almost 200k reads I freaking love you all so freaking much and I wanna kiss every freaking one of you on the freaking face
AND I AM SO SORRY FOOR TH LONG WAIT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR WIATING PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT CAUSE I LUV U
GUYS, FALL FOR YOU IS GONNA END pRETTY SOON IM SO ):) HBU