chapter 18

Jenny soon finished talking with her parents on the phone and came out to the barn with the others. "Did it happen yet?"

Oliver sighed as he stood with Snow White. "Not yet."

"Soon." Snow White added.

"How soon?" Vulpix groaned as he lay on the ground with the other Pokemon.

"Very soon." Teddy smiled.

It seemed to take forever for the eggs to hatch.

"Guys, since Charlotte took very good care of me when I left Fern for the first time, I'm going to look after her children for her to honor and remember her." Wilbur promised.

"Aw!" The pets and Pokemon smiled.

"I think she would like that." Wilbur said.

"I think she would like that too, Wilbur." Jenny agreed.

Wilbur smiled back to her, she was Fern's cousin, though he close with her too since they were technically like family.

"I wonder when they'll hatch?" The male Ralts wondered.

"Feels like never." The female Ralts sighed.

"Oh, they'll hatch." Estelle smiled.

The Ralts twins only groaned as they felt bored of waiting.

Fern didn't visit as much since she was in love with Henry, though Wilbur was more concerned about Charlotte's eggs so he wasn't too sad about his favorite human not coming by as often. And where it was soon time for Viola to tell her parents of where she was going to be for her new college.

"Ma, Pa, I have something to tell you," Viola told her parents. "I'm sure this'll be a big shock, but... I'm going to be living with Tech after this summer."

"Your new boyfriend?" Viola asked.

"Yes, we're in love and he thinks it would be good for both of us, but we'll visit plenty." Viola promised.

"Well, if this is what you want." Homer said.

"It is..." Viola replied. "I just ask that you understand."

"It is time for you to start leaving the nest..." Edith sighed. "I just can't believe how fast you've grown up and you're in love."

Viola was happy that her parents understood.

"We'll miss you very much, deary." Edith said.

"I'll miss you too, but not to worry, Tech and I will work on something." Viola promised.

The Zuckerman family soon shared a hug all together as this was a big moment for all of them.

Soon enough at long last, the egg sac finally hatched. Wilbur gasped as he was of course the most excited. The egg sac soon burst open and the hundreds of baby spiders crawled out into the world.

"Aw!" The kids smiled.

"Oh, look at how petite they are!" Felicity cooed at the baby spiders.

Mismagius smiled, agreeing with her trainer.

"Hello, there!" Wilbur smiled to the baby spiders.

"Hello!" They all replied as they scampered one-by-one out of the egg sac.

"We're old friends of your mother's," Wilbur told them. "Are you all right? Is everything all right?"

"We're just fine!" The baby spiders replied as they climbed up one post and were about to leave the farm.