chapter 14

As they were setting up, Fern took her cousin and their friends to the fair grounds so they could have some fun of their own, and where it didn't take long. Vincent came into one room with Jenny.

"You entering a contest, kid?" a woman behind her desk asked.

"Yes, ma'am!" Vincent replied as he took out his best paintings. "Art Fair, please."

"It's on the stage ten feet from the beauty pageant and ten feet before the stage of the strong man contest." The woman told him, pointing to her right.

"Thank you!" Vincent smiled and then walked with Jenny to put his art on display.

"I just know you'll win." Jenny smiled to the boy she liked.

"I hope so." Vincent said.

Akito was given some cotton candy and he ate it right away and allowed Scruffy and Larvitar to take small bites.

"Step right up, folks, Test Your Strength, win a grand prize!" Drell announced, disguised as the game vendor.

"What's the grand prize?" A little girl asked.

"They win a sash with the strongest award and they get unlimited rides and games for the whole day!" Drell smiled.

A few men were now in line to show how strong they were, luckily Tech was at the end of the line, so then this wouldn't be too quick or too long.

"There's also tickets to the Tunnel of Love~" Drell smirked with a chuckle to the men in line.

The men in the line were now eager more than ever to win. Drell stood by and handed the mallet to the ones in line. Akito spit in his hands and rubbed them together as he was eager to win this, but then he decided to let Tech win and where he would just use half of his strength.

"Hello there, young boy," Drell playfully teased. "The kiddie pool is in the back."

The grown men laughed at Akito since he was a little boy.

"I'm just kidding, kid," Drell whispered to Akito. "Give it your best shot."

The grown men were still laughing as they didn't think Akito could win. Akito told himself to not use all his strength and he swung the mallet. And where it went straight up and hit the bell, luckily not sending it flying.

"Every men that hit the bell goes to the next round which will be seeing how much weight they lift and then will be a simple tug-of-war." Drell told them all.

"You said the prize--" Akito started.

"I know what I said, but this is part one of the competition." Drell clamped his hand down on the boy's face to silence him.

The men were surprised, well, except for Tech, by the result of the first part of the contest at how strong they thought Akito really was, but that didn't stop them from taking their turns. Akito stood by and folded his arms as he watched Tech in action. Normally, if this was all the Loonatics, he would probably go up against Slam. Tech soon used his new strength and where the bell was hit and it then hit the ground.

Drell yelped and rushed out of the way before the bell could hit him. "Phew! I don't want a repeat of Bamm-Bamm Rubble..." he then chuckled to himself, thinking of the Stone Age then about the strongest boy back then.

Unfortunately for him, the bell landed on a loose floorboard which was under between his legs. Skippy appeared and laughed like a hyena before disappearing again.

"Next course..." Drell said in a high-pitched voice.

The next course was to see how much weight each one could lift.