chapter 16

Wilbur woke up and looked for Charlotte. He soon saw her overhead in the corner with a white substance and the female spider looked proud of herself, but this was a bittersweet moment for her. Teddy could tell something was up. Everyone else yawned and woke up.

Teddy began to try to climb up to Charlotte. "Charlotte?" he called out, while trying to be careful.

"Yes?" Charlotte wearily replied.

"Is something sad going to happen?" Teddy asked as he made his way up.

"Teddy, this is my magnum opus." Charlotte showed her egg sac.

"What's magnum opus?" Teddy asked.

"It's Latin," Charlotte explained. "It means great work... This egg sac is my great work. The finest thing I have ever made, and I'm afraid, yes, something sad will happen."

"A-Are you gonna die?" Teddy frowned.

"I have been languishing to tell you all the truth, but since I'm going to have 514 babies, I suppose now is a good time." Charlotte replied.

"What does languishing mean?" Teddy asked.

"Well, it means I'm slowing up," Charlotte sighed softly as she looked sad now. "Being my age... I'm not young anymore, I'm afraid. It may be... Oh, I don't want you to worry about me. This is Wilbur's big day."

Teddy frowned as this was Wilbur's big day, but couldn't help worry about Charlotte.

Templeton soon came back from his buffet last night and looked quite fat. "I'm back!" he hiccuped. "What a night... Never have I seen such leavings!"

"At least you're having fun." Vulpix rolled his eyes.

"I sure did." Templeton smiled.

"You oughta be ashamed of yourself!" Charlotte scolded. "It would serve you right if you had an acute attack of indigestion."

"My stomach can handle anything." Templeton smirked as he rubbed his belly.

"Oh, brother..." Larvitar rolled his eyes.

"Templeton, if you weren't so dopey, you'd notice that Charlotte's made an egg sac." Wilbur told the fat rat.

Templeton soon sat up to see what Wilbur was talking about as Teddy sat up on the loft with the future mother spider. "Hooray for Charlotte..." he muttered before looking like he was going to pass out.

"Congrats, Charlotte." The Ralts twins said.

"She's gonna be a mother," Ditto added to Templeton. "There are 514 eggs right in that sac."

"This has been a night..." Templeton burped before rolling himself into the pen to get some rest.

Charlotte sighed and shook her head at the rat as he didn't change.

"I don't know if he'll change." Ponyta said.

Soon enough, the humans came back to the fair to see the results from yesterday's entering and judging.

"Oh, look at Charlotte's web!" Fern pointed with glee.

Everyone looked to see the spider web as it twinkled and said 'HUMBLE'.

"She must have worked hard on it." Jenny smiled.

"Now isn't that just the word for Wilbur?" Homer smiled before they saw other people coming. "You folks wanna see something?"

The other people decided to come see Zuckerman's Famous Pig up close.

'It's working.' Estelle thought to herself.

Avery pouted as he couldn't see, but soon looked to the next pen to see that Uncle had won the blue ribbon of first place and not Wilbur. "Uncle Homer!" he called out as he came to see the other pig in the county fair. "UNCLE HOMER! UNCLE HOMER!"

"Avery..." Ruthie scolded her son before the kids came to see the other pig pen to see what Avery saw.

Akito could see what they saw and where it wasn't good.

"What is with you, boy?" Homer scolded his nephew.

"This pig won first prize already!" Avery pointed out.

"Oh, no!" Fern began to cry for Wilbur.

"That isn't fair." Vincent glared.

There soon came a marching band which made everyone look over.

"It's a parade!" Eloise cheered. "I absolutely love parades!"

"Same here." Ditto smiled.

The band came straight in front of Wilbur's pen.

"Mr. Homer Zuckerman?" The conductor asked.

"That's me!" Homer smiled.

"I'd like to escort you and your famous pig to the grants fair." The conductor smiled which made Homer and Edith look to each other, curiously.

'Ooh.' Vincent thought to himself.

"What for?" Homer asked.

"I dunno, but we better get going." The conductor smiled.

"Oh, my goodness, go up in front of all those people?" Edith asked. "Does my hair look all right, Homer?"

'What is with women and their hair?' Akito thought to himself.

"It looks fine." Homer told his wife.

"Ya didn't even look!" Edith cried out to him.

"Oh, I hope we're not in trouble." Vincent worried until he gasped with a blush as Jenny took his hand.

"I'm sure we're not in trouble." Tech told him.

Homer seemed to put Wilbur on a leash so everybody could see him which pleased the crowd very much. The marching band played as the conductor led them to where they were needed which was very exciting for everybody, though they had to wonder what this was all about.

'I wonder what this is all about?' Jenny thought to herself.

They soon came to where they were needed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we now present, Mr. Homer and Zuckerman's Famous Pig!" The host announced which made everyone cheer as Homer stood up on stage with Wilbur. "The fame of this beautiful sow has spread to the far corners of the Earth, attracting many valuable tourists throughout our great state! If you all recall that day last summer, when the writing appeared, curiously on the spider's web in Mr. Zuckerman's barn! This miracle has never been explained! All we know is, that we are dealing with supernatural forces here, and we should all be proud and grateful! And the like the words of the spider's web, this is 'some pig'!"

'He's got that right.' Akito thought to himself.

Everyone cheered once more and Wilbur smiled proudly to himself. Teddy wasn't with everyone, he was keeping Charlotte company.

"Where is Teddy?" Estelle asked the other Pokemon.

"It's okay, Aunt Estelle, he's with Charlotte." Vulpix smiled.

"Really?" Estelle smiled back. "That's nice of him."

Soon enough, after the speech, Wilbur was given his very own medal. A quartet sang in amazement about Wilbur about how he was the most amazing pig in history and where even the pets and the Pokemon joined in on the song. Everyone celebrated in thunderous cheers with balloons and confetti. The pets and Pokemon laughed together as they joined in and Eloise smiled as she had never seen Weenie, Skipperdee, and Ditto more excited than when they went to Paris last summer to visit her mother.

Teddy soon got ready to bring the egg sac with him for everyone to see before they would go back to the farm.

"Teddy, what are you doing?" Charlotte asked.

"I'm gonna bring your egg sac for everyone to see." Teddy smiled to the mother spider.

"Oh, be very careful with it," Charlotte replied softly and weakly. "It means so much to me, my children are in there."

"I'll be careful." Teddy promised.