chapter 5

The next morning seemed to come quickly and there were birds who were now fully grown and practicing flying.

"Aw!" Dot smiled.

"It's Spring!" Oliver noted.

"Yep." Snow White nodded.

Wilbur had grown a bit overnight. He grew so much that he didn't seem to be a runt anymore. John was telling his daughter, niece, and their friends that it was time for Wilbur to stop being a pet and that he would have to leave.

"What?!" Estelle asked out of shock.

"That pig has got to go." John said firmly.

"Papa, no!" Fern cried.

"Uncle John, you promised!" Jenny added in.

"I'm sorry, but it's time that pig was sold, his brothers and sisters have already been sold." John replied as gently as he could.

"And besides, a pig is not supposed to be a pet." Vincent said.

"Vincent, not you too!" Jenny sounded betrayed.

"I'm sorry, guys, but Mr. Arable has a point." Vincent defended.

"Yeah, but Wilbur will be so lonely." Eloise frowned.

Fern rushed out, feeling quite miserable.

"What's wrong with Fern?" Avery asked as he came inside the house with a jar.

"Fern's just living the hard part of farm life." John replied.

"Well, it's not fair." Eloise frowned.

Fern told her pig the sad news and it became a very depressing day as she hugged the pig. Wilbur seemed to understand her and they both started to cry.

"He won't be going there alone." Scruffy said.

John felt bad for this, but he found a decent enough solution. He had contacted his brother-in-law, Homer Zuckerman, and told him about Wilbur and offered to sell him so that way Fern could visit whenever she wanted.

'At least Wilbur won't be too far away.' Estelle thought to herself.

"Goodbye, Wilbur!" Fern sniffled and bawled.

Jenny held her cousin as they let the pig go. Little did they know, the pets had come onto the car ride to Homer's farm with Wilbur to still keep him company and help him settle into the new farm without Fern.

"Where are the rest of the pets?" Vincent asked as he noticed their pets were missing.

"And where are the Pokemon?" Estelle also asked.

"I have a feeling I know..." Jenny said, pointing to the leaving truck.

The pets and Pokemon smiled to Wilbur as they traveled to Zuckerman's farm.

"They are such loyal friends." Fern smiled.

"They really are..." Jenny agreed. "I'm sorry about Wilbur, cous, but Uncle Homer's just down the road."

"Oh, I know, but I'll miss him so much..." Fern sighed.

"And he'll miss you." Jenny said.

Fern sniffled as she gave Jenny a tight hug. Jenny hugged her cousin back and gently stroked her hair and back to help make this easier on her, but she knew it had to be rough. The other kids did all they could to also help comfort Fern.

Later that night, Wilbur sighed as he felt miserable without Fern, even if his new friends were there with him.

"Sorry, sonny, sorry," a female voice called. "I'm sitting sitting on my eggs, but if you'd like to come over here and talk, you're welcome, welcome, welcome."

"Thank you, ma'am." Teddy smiled.

"You remind me of Nanny, what's your name?" Weenie asked.

"They call me Gwen," the goose smiled back to them before she overheard Wilbur's plain and simple snorts. "Doesn't your friend talk, talk, talk?"

"Nope, I'm afraid he hasn't learned to yet." Scruffy shook his head.

"He probably could if he tried." Gwen insisted.

"Ms. Gwen is right, Wilbur, you should try to talk." Dot suggested.

Wilbur snorted quietly before he then tried to speak, but nothing happened yet. He kept trying.

"Ooh, you can do better better better than that!" Gwen replied.

"Wiiiiilllburrr...." the pig then uttered out.

"That's right, your name is Wilbur." Scruffy smiled.

"Very good," Gwen approved. "Very good!"

"Wilbur!" Wilbur piped up again with a confident smile. "Wilbur!"

"Yes! You're talking!" Larvitar smiled.

"I can talk..." Wilbur smiled. "I can talk!"

"Wahoo!" Teddy cheered.

Wilbur then even started to sing as he was now able to talk like the others. This started to wake up the other animals and some of them found this to be rather annoying.

'Looks like this is getting on some of their nerves.' The Male Ralts thought to himself.

"Why don't you keep it down?" a ram asked firmly.

"I can talk!" Wilbur said again before he then let his song die down and he looked miserable again.

"Now, aren't you glad, glad, glad?" Gwen smiled since she got Wilbur to talk.

"He is happy that can talk, but he's still sad that he's away from Fern." Oliver said.

Gwen frowned, she wanted to do something to help, but she couldn't really.