Sephtis and Sphinxes

Start from the beginning

            'Your mate calls you.' Harry frowned. He hadn't heard Draco say anything. Sephtis must have seen his confusion. 'Can't you smell it? He is releasing his mating pheromones. I confess that I have never seen a human mating ritual. Can I watch?'

            Harry choked and looked at the snake with wide eyes. He turned to Draco with pink cheeks. "Draco love. Can you try and tone down the feelings? Sephtis here can smell you."

            Draco closed his eyes. "Oh god." He said completely mortified. The snake could smell his lust. Perfect.

            Finneus cackled. "That is gross." He piped up.

            Sephtis eyed Finneus, which caused him to regret speaking at all.

            'Speaker. This one is more dangerous than I.' Harry's brows rose in surprise. He was impressed at how both the hellhound and Sephtis seemed to pick up on Finneus.

            'I am aware. I have to find his parents. They are on the island. We are here to kill them and then he will also die.' He watched the snake nod his head. Like it approved. 'And the name is Harry.' He added in afterthought.

            'I know, speaker. I don't like your given name. You don't look hairy to me. Not like him.' Sephtis pointed his tail at the hellhound.

            Harry looked to the hellhound with a smile. The hound hadn't moved or tried to attack the snake. It was just content to see what Harry was doing. His eyes lit up when he realized what the snake said.

            'The hellhound is a boy?' Harry asked. He probably should have figured that out before now but it hadn't seemed like a big deal.

            'Obviously. His smell is clearly male.' Harry ignored the jibe and turned to the hellhound.

            "Sephtis says that the hellhound is a boy." The hellhound wagged his tail and Harry grinned.

            Draco was pretty much used to all of the amazing things that Harry could do. So he didn't even bat an eye over the fact that a snake told them that their hellhound is a boy.

            Draco reached out a hand to pet the hellhound. "You are a boy? I think you need a name." He mused before sending a look to Harry.

            Harry smiled softly. "You name him." He offered.

            Finneus held up a hand. "Hold it." He said incredulously. "Naming him is the first problem. Next you are going to want to keep him."

            Draco scrunched his nose at the thought. He looked to Harry and winced at the hopeful green eyes. There was pleading in the bond.

            "Oh, please Draco?" Harry batted his eyelashes and adopted what he hoped was a look that Draco couldn't refuse.

            Finneus shook his head. "He brought out the puppy dog eyes. You are screwed." Finneus told Draco.

            Draco sighed, Finneus was right, he was so screwed. He couldn't believe that he was even considering this. It was a hellhound for crying out loud. They were vicious creatures. He looked to the hellhound and his heart melted at the pleading in those eyes too. They were double teaming him! That was just unfair.

            "Oh alright." Draco conceded. "You can stay with us, if you like." He told the hellhound. He had no warning before suddenly he was being licked across his cheek.