"I want you also to take into consideration Meela...I don't think she can handle much more...she might be a tiny warrior, but she's fragile at the moment....Too much is happening to her...I want them to have that pup...I want a nephew; my mother wants a grandchild that she can spoil...."

I have to give him credit, he knows how to pull on heart strings that I don't even know I have....but wolves don't have heart strings...nature doesn't allow it....eat or be eaten.

Our conversation is interrupted by the presence of the healer; her odor is pungent and earthy....her skin is saturated with the work she does....

'Alpha" her voice is to Fin but her gaze is turned to me....critical is her eye....I let mine fall on hers as well, assessing....."Bryon needs his bed; he should rest for the night...I gave him something that will make him rest well....but someone has to take him up to bed...." this females stern face now looking at Fin.

I smile at Fin holding up my broken wrist..."can't help...broken" as I make a sad face at him....

"Grey" Fin's voice booms out loud and clear..."Grey" again he yells out to his brother,

I learned early on that you don't screw with healers...you listen to them or else you could find yourself with a severe case of diarrhea...and from the way Fin's reacting to her demands he's had the same run in with them....they're all the same......I could never prove that they poisoned me it was just a gut feeling I got when they came slinking into the bathroom offering me a drink to stop the watery stools. They might not be physically strong but they have the knowledge to bring packs down to their knee's.

It makes me happy that I killed the eastern pack healer when I took the pack from my father, nothing but a life sucker.

Grey comes into the kitchen looking annoyed until he see's the healer and his face just drops...

"We have to bring him upstairs, to his bed." Fin looks at the little women, and so does Grey.....both make their way to the living room as I'm left along with this female who's eyes are focusing on me.

"My name is May." Her name is of spring and growth, fresh and new....it doesn't really suit her.

"Victoria." I stay sitting with my back a little straighter as she approaches once again, slowly trying not to spook me...

"Do you need anything from me Victoria?" She questions out as her hand lands on my hand, touching my skin...."we could do a trade."

"No, you have nothing I desire." She's creeping me out, they all do. I prefer going to the pack physician at least he won't poison your food if he doesn't like how you talk to him. With these healers, you never know what you're going to get.

They are tied to the Moon and Nature...the rise of the tides flow through their blood, born with the Moon's gift...they are nurtured and trained from a very young age to be our shamans, our natural healers...physician can cut and scrap and repair...but healers are on a level with the Moon.. the gifts the Moon can give or take away...it's a balance of light and dark.

"Can...I...." she's trying to find the words.

"No, you cannot!" I already know what she wants...the temptation too great for her not to ask.

She wants to see inside me, what it's like to be a Female Alpha..she wants to feel the power of the Moon herself...Such temptation for these creatures who give up the call of family for a life of servitude to the Moon herself......they all do the same thing, trying to touch my wolf's soul thinking it will bring them closer to the being that made me...

Already her hand grips me tight, not letting go...her eyes stare into mine...complete blackness swirling to hypnotizing...her fingertips extending into my skin...the feeling of dark, twisting tentacles winding their way up my body, penetrating my soul...tapping into my mind...my spirit...trying to get to the wolf... binding herself to the wolf...sucking the Moon's energy in great big gulps as a leech would blood.

My body is paralyzed in her grip, eyes that suck me in.. trance like...my voice doesn't work as I try to scream out. I feel as if I'm in a nightmare unable to wake up with dark heavy hands gripping my neck, pushing me down into an abyss.

Fin it's the one thought that my wolf can focus on...never have we tried to communicate with him this way yet...it's too intimate, to pure...she has no choice...I'm rendered useless.

Heavy footsteps....a swelling torrent of anger....rage surging up his throat, eyes of night.... my mouth strips of its moisture....he's succumbed to his darkness....

Letting go of my hand, she faces her new Alpha as I slump down..."I'm the only healer this pack has." She says it to threaten him...puffed up on my wolf's energy source.

"Well, lucky for me I have two other healers...." He grabs her swiftly by the neck with claws that have extended.....puncturing flesh deeply....an artery severed, a spray of crimson hits the ceiling...All I can do is watch the blood drip from up above to the floor below. Her blood that makes life possible is flowing out dark and thick; already it's coagulating around her feet. While her lips are turning a bluish hue, face as pale as the moonlight.

Fin just colored my wolf's canvas in red, the color my she knows...and loves. Looking at him intensely before her eyes close in thanks.

My eyes are fighting to close, the wolfs energy source sucked almost dry, resting my cheek on the table, hands hanging limply at my side.....I fight to stay awake, wanting to watch....

The feel of Grey's hand on my back...is nice...warm...he won't let me fall as I crumple in my seat. I feel myself swaying in his arms...

Swaying that's what I feel like..... last thoughts I think of before a blackness tries to take over is that black winged crow I had seen earlier in the day. That bird will feast on the harvest of the healer's flesh until everything is picked off leaving her barren only her white bones will remain...I want to smile with that thought

Her wails, a sing-song lullaby that tries to pull me to sleep.

"Give her to me Grey; she's mine." A transfer of hands, a shift in the direction...the feeling of overwhelming safety comes over me as Fin presses my body against him...He's got me wrapped up in his arms, protected....nothing will touch me now that he has me.