34: Blaze

Damien was no good. And I'm not just saying that because I'm jealous of what him and Electra have. I'm saying it because he really is no good. Whenever Electra isn't around, he's flirting with Lucy or trying to flirt with Bridget. I don't think Electra really minds too much because she has Orvar, but still. He shouldn't tell her he loves her then go behind her back flirting with her sister. Well...technically he didn't know Lucy is Electra's sister. But still, he thinks she's her cousin so that's still bad.

He also had a tendency to glare at every guy that walked within ten feet of Electra. Which was stupid considering he was flirting behind her back. I feel like a broken down record. It just makes me mad that he can get away with it. I've tried telling Electra but she won't even let me say one word to her. But I deserve it. I've been treating her like dirt. Secretly, I'm glad she hasn't just fallen for him again.

It had been a few days since the party. We were all very surprised that Electra isn't messed up after seeing her dead boyfriend again. Maybe we shouldn't have been surprised. Ever since the party she's been busy with cleaning out her siblings' rooms. It's been two days since the party and she's done nothing but clean. I began to wonder if she'd even stop for Christmas.

I think Damien constantly coming around is putting everyone else in moods. He has his own house but he chooses to hang around here. And no one even sees Electra anymore. She's always shoved away in some room, cleaning things out. It really didn't make sense but his excuse is that he wants to be there when she comes out so he can finally talk to her. I began to think she was hiding herself away on purpose. I would've.

Then one day, all of a sudden, she was there. She came down the stairs and I barely recognized her. She had bags under her eyes, her cheeks were sunken in, her hair looked like it hadn't been brushed in days, I think she even forgot to shower. Maybe she had been going slightly insane. We just weren't seeing it.

By the time Christmas came, Electra was so out of it she didn't even open presents. She just sat there with wrapped gifts in her hands and stared at them. I was really worried but every time I tried to talk to her, she'd glare at me. It was a glare that would send any beast running home with his tail between his legs. I was starting to wonder if she would ever open her gifts when her godparents gave her a gift she couldn't even help smiling at.
"Electra, Lisa and I were going to wait to tell you until after New Years, but we decided now is as good a time as any." Rick said. He looked down at his and Lisa's intertwined hands and smiled. "We are staying until Easter, and then you and your family will be coming to our place for Easter break!"

I thought I would never see her wonderful smile again, but there it was, lighting up her whole face as she looked at her godparents. It melted my heart in a good way to know that she could still smile.
"That sounds amazing! I can't wait to see the beach."

Her godparents shared a quick look. Electra's smile faded.

"What is it?" She asked, looking between the two.

"It's just...we don't live in Maine anymore. We live in New Hampshire in a nice, cozy house."

Her face fell slightly but I could tell she was trying to keep the smile.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"We wanted it to be a surprise. Wait until you see the beautiful reading nook in the attic."

I snapped my head up and looked at the couple in front of me. A reading nook? In the attic?! Odin looked at me and smirked a little.

"Oh. That sounds cool. I can't wait." She smiled her award winning smile.

I was really hoping Damien wouldn't be going. This might be my only time to win Electra back. I didn't care that she had something with Orvar. I needed her. I don't know what I was thinking with Lucy. I was just blinded by her beauty. Electra is beautiful inside and out and I can't believe I overlooked that.

So we'd be going to New Hampshire in a few months time. Back to my old house and Ember's house. Where so many things began and so many things ended.