13: Blaze

After Electra stormed away, her dad turned to us and sighed.

"I'm sorry about that. She's very depressed. She hasn't left that room in days."

"We understand." Bridget answered for all of us.

"I want to know everything about her life." I blurt out.

Her dad looked at me curiously before shrugging slightly and gesturing to the living room. My siblings and I sat on the couches and watched as Odin sat on the edge of a chair.

"I suppose I should begin with her mother. I met her in Ireland when I was on a mission trying to find Fenris who had changed into his human form and supposedly fled there. She was a pheasant working in a pub that I stopped at for a bite to eat. Don't tell Electra that. She believes her mother had a wealthy family line but I'll get to explaining that in a moment.

"I instantly fell for Saoirse. She was a tiny, fiery young thing I would've been a fool not to. It seemed she had every man head over heels for her at that pub. She fell for me almost as quickly. Her parents had died young, leaving her to fend for herself. I offered to take her back to America with me and she agreed instantly. We settled in town here and I figured this would be a perfect place for Electra to grow up. A year after our wedding, Saoirse became pregnant.

"Electra came nine months later with hair as red as her mothers and eyes as green as grass. The only things she didn't inherit from me. She didn't even inherit her mother's accent as we learned later on. Soon after Electra's birth, I became a successful entrepreneur and pulled some strings to get Saoirse a job as a manager of a string of department stores some years later. Electra grew up believing that her mother inherited the chain of department stores.

"Shortly after Electra's birth, we tried for another child. I wanted a new Old Soul and Saoirse always wanted a big family. That's when we found out Saoirse couldn't have children anymore. Her reproductive organs had failed. So we adopted when Electra turned nine. We got a teenager because Saoirse always said the teens were the ones that wanted a home more than anything. At the time, Electra was too young to understand so we told her Lauren was a book worm and was always studying in her room. That was just another lie that Electra still believes to this day."

My eyes darted to the large family picture over the fireplace. Surely they couldn't have adopted that many children. Especially since they all looked just like Saoirse. Odin's eyes followed mine and continued the story, answering my question.

"After the adoption of Lauren, the doctors looked into Saoirse's condition further and realized they had been mistaken. Saoirse would get her big family after all. After we had all of our children, I chose our last child, Lucy to be my new Old Soul."

I remember what he told me about Lucy being Blade's Old Soul and I couldn't help but get excited. Would he tell Blade? Or does Blade have to figure it out? Or could I tell him?

"Electra was homeschooled but when she was in her third year of schooling, we moved to Maine for a few years. I told Saoirse it was business which technically wasn't a lie. I was tracking down Fenris again. I did eventually find him and we moved back here just in time for Electra to finish seventh grade in a public school. Of course we came back in the middle of the school year. But I feel Electra adjusted well even though it was the middle of the year and it was the first time she had ever set foot in a public school. She joined track and began her friendship with Maggie and Dover almost as if they had been friends since they were born.

"Then she met Damien. They hit it off right away and they soon became a couple. I can't tell you any more of that because that's dipping way too far into her personal business. After the track incident is when she started having her nightmares. She's close to figuring out what she is but she's too interested in science to believe anything like that."