8: Electra

It was finally Saturday. Normal people would be excited to have the weekend off of school to sit around and do nothing. But me? I was excited to go to work. Since we were filthy rich, my parents think that it's dumb that I choose to work. It's true; I could have anything I want handed to me. But I liked working for my money. It made me feel good about myself.

I got up and got dressed quickly. I always ate at the diner before I started the day. I tried sneaking out of the house but I was stopped by my mom. I sighed as she cleared her throat.

"Yes, mother?" I asked, slowly and reluctantly turning around.

"Going to that no good job of yours?"

"What is the issue with me working?"

"Electra you have everything you could ever need right in front of you. You working is offensive to your father and I."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yes, Electra."

"Deal with it."

She raised her eyebrows. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I'm going to be late."

I walked out, slamming the door; I didn't care if my siblings woke up for her. Let them. I stood in the chilly air waiting for Liam to drive up. Finally I saw the black car coming up the horseshoe driveway. I climbed in but when I turned towards the driver, I was shocked to see my dad's new guy sitting in the drivers seat.

"Hey, Electra." He said, smiling before driving off.

"Where's Liam?"

The guy sighed. "Your parents are worried about you because they thought you were getting too close to him."

I laughed but there was no humor in the sound. I remember what my dad said about firing him.

It was quiet for most of the ride until the guy started trying to make small talk.

"I like your skirt."

It was part of my uniform. A poodle skirt. I didn't say anything to him. In fact, we were almost to the diner before I said anything to him.

"Who are you?" I rudely asked.

"My name is Jace."

"Cute." I smirked. "Was that your grandfather's name?"

"You're a very sarcastic little girl, aren't you?"

I glared at him as I jumped out of the car. "Don't call me a little girl."

Then I was slamming the door and stomping into the diner. Upon walking in, I ran into Mary, scattering the large stack of cups she was carrying all over the restaurant. I managed to bounce one cup off of my foot and catch it in the air.

"My Lord, I'm sorry, Mary." I said, crouching down to grab all the cups.

"No worries, hun."

"I'll rewash all of them for you."

"Oh, hun. Don't you fret. We have a new dish washer. We'll make him do some work. Welcome him to the family, huh?"