29: Electra

Break came slower than ever, but when it finally did I praised the gods. I desperately needed a break. My godparents would be coming later in the day so we would be getting a Christmas tree and setting it up with them. I made sure my dad was going to help us. So when they showed up, we hugged and gushed at each other, then we went out to pick a tree. We found a pretty good sized one and brought it home. Instead of putting it in the living room, we put it in a corner of the ballroom. We weren't doing the space theme anymore. Just decorating for the holiday.

We finished decorating the tree and I stepped back to admire our work.

"So how is this boyfriend of yours?" Lisa asked.

"Um...Damien? He isn't with us anymore."

"Oh dear. I'm so sorry, Electra. I had no idea."

"It's fine. It's over and done with. He's in a better place."

She grimaced a little then changed the subject. I ignored the adult conversation unfolding in front of me and turned to the tree. We wouldn't even need regular lights on because all the Christmas lights could light our whole house. I may have told Lisa everything was fine, but it isn't. I thought I was over Damien but I wanted nothing more than to hug him and hear his voice again.

"The tree looks wonderful."

I turned around to see Lucy followed by Blaze. I rolled my eyes and went to the other side of the tree. Not hiding. More like...making sure the tree looked the same on the other side. But that didn't stop Lucy. She was around the corner faster than I could comprehend.

"Who were you talking to at lunch the other day?"

"What's it matter, Lucy? You mad that someone actually talked to me?"

"Shut up. He's hot."

"You have Blaze, asshole."

"Watch the language, sister. I don't even like Blaze. He's kind of annoying."

"Says you."

"Again, shut up."

"Leave me alone."

"What pissed you off?"

"Are you really going to ask that?"

"Whatever. I'm going to sit by you when school comes back. Don't get excited and think I'm finally coming around. I just want that guy."

"You are horrible, Lucy."

She smiled then went back to Blaze. I was raging mad so I did the only thing I could think of.

"Dad? I invited my new friend to come to our party. Can he come for supper tonight so you can meet him?"

He looked down at me. "Of course, Electra. Go call him right now. I'll start dinner in twenty minutes."

As I walked out of the ballroom, I smirked at Lucy. She had her arms crossed and she was leaning against Blaze. She glared at me and I couldn't help but notice Blaze's look of curiousness. I called Orvar and he agreed to come for supper. The doorbell rang half an hour later and I quickly rushed to the door.

"Hey, Electra."

"Hey, Orvar. Come in."

My dad and godparents came out of the kitchen. My dad stopped in his tracks and stared at Orvar as if he had known him for years and was seeing him for the first time after a fight.

"Dad? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, sweet pea. Are you going to introduce us to your friend?"

"This is Orvar. Orvar, this is my dad and my godparents Lisa and Rick."