Chapter 4

Keith sliced off the head of a zombie and punched the Zombie's chest, killing it instantly as he turned around to face the other ones. Keith had given Pidge a Gun to shoot them all, and she was actually very good at it.

"Keith! To your right!" Pidge called, and Keith swung his sword to the right, slicing two Zombie's in their chests. The collapsed to the ground with a thud.

"Three zombies down! Seven to go!" Pidge called, shooting a zombie in its arm and making it fly backwards. Pidge looked around and gasped, "Keith! I know this place! Our base is close, come on!" She shot a zombie in its chest and pushed it aside, allowing the two partners to escape.

The Zombie's weren't like normal zombies. These were humans infected by the The Bite. They were much faster.

Pidge was ahead of Keith, leading him back to their base, when a zombie caught up with them. Keith turned around, lifting his sword to jam it in the Zombie's chest, when the zombie reached out and scratched Keith's neck. Hard.

Keith yelled out in pain, and jammed the sword into the zombie, falling as he did so. Keith put his hand over the scratch, feeling blood ooze from the scratch. Pidge turned, looking at him as he tried jumping to his feet, but two Zombie's grabbed him by his arms.

"Pidge!" Keith called out, and two loud gun shots echoed. The two Zombie had managed to make both of Keith's arms bleed before they dropped dead, and Keith jumped up, kicking one of them for vengeance before following Pidge.

"Thanks!" He said as they ran. He could clearly tell where his camp was now, and grabbed Pidge as a Zombie tried to grab her arm. Pidge was left bleeding on her left arm.

They turned the corner and quickly began climbing up the side of a building, Keith making Pidge go first to ensure she was safe. What a Shiro move, Keith. Keith thought to himself as he began climbing. He yelped as he felt the rotten hands of one of the zombies grab his foot as try yanking him down.

As Keith began trying to kick the zombie away, the Zombie yanked his foot in a bad direction, causing his foot to make a cracking sound, and Keith screamed.

"Keith! Duck!" Pidge shouted, and blasted The Zombie's head off, making It let go of him and give him a chance to escape, and he continued climbing. Once he mad it to the top, the two blocked the entrance, making the zombies unable to climb to the very top.

"Let's get the food and stuff inside" Keith panted, out of breath and tired. Pidge nodded and smiled, "Yep. We deserve this food after all we've been through just now"

Pidge laughed, and Keith smiled, "Yep"
And for some reason, he thought of how proud Lance would be of him.