"Hey." Ash says as I come in from my Jeep.

"Hey, Sharky." I respond and she waves me over, so I walk over to her and she holds her hands out.

"Are you taking proper care of them?" She asks as I put my hands in hers.

"Of my cuts? Yeah. I put the cuts there and regret it as soon as the blade was gone." I explain and she nods.

"How'd you get the others?"

"Drone blades in the garage."

"I don't have a drone."

"I did, but Sortzen pissed on it and broke it. I was looking for it so I could take it apart to occupy my mind. Spare blades caught me."

"But they're plastic."

"But my hand got caught in the box against them."

"What are you packing for?" She asks, switching the subject.

"I'm heading to Portland for the week."

"Right now?"

"In about an hour." I say and she nods.

"I could drive you and we could grab a bite on the way." Ash offers and I smirk.

"You hitting on me Harris?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"Forget it."

"No, no. Ash, I'd love to get some lunch with you before my flight." I say and Ash nods. I smile and hand her my keys as I head to my room to grab my other bag.

"I'll be waiting in the car." She says and I nod, going and heading to my room to finish gathering my things.

-

In Portland, when I land, I get my shit and head to where Tobin said she'd meet me, and smile when I see my girlfriend. I walk over to her and hug her tight, smiling as she wraps me in her arms and holds me tight.

"Hey, baby. How are you?" She asks and I shrug.

"I'm dealing." I say and she kisses my forehead.

"Are you hungry? Have you eaten? Are you taking care of yourself in Orlando?" She asks and I smile, threading my fingers into her hair as I smile at her.

"Yes, love. I am taking care of myself." I say and she nods.

"When did you eat last?"

"Before my flight from Orlando." I say and Tobin looks at me.

"Do you want to grab something on the way home?" She asks and I shrug.

"I could eat. I didn't eat in Denver."

When we get to the house after stopping to get food, I take my bags up to the room and smile up at Tobin when she pulls me onto the bed before straddling me.

"I haven't gotten my kiss yet." Tobin says and I chuckle, pulling her down into a soft, passionate, loving kiss that I get lost in so easily, the only thing that snaps me out of my reverie is Tobin nipping at my neck. I push my hands against her chest and she looks at me with the same expression as always when I stop us from taking that step.

"I-I'm sorry, babe. I know I told you I wanted to back in January, but I-"

"Baby, don't worry. I don't need sex to know that I love you. With every fiber of my being. Nothing or nobody will ever change that and I would do anything in my power to make you happy. I'm glad I can do that just by holding you tight and calling you mine." Tobin says and I sigh. She gets off of me and I just pull her into bed with me before cuddling up to her. "I love you, Y/N Y/L/N. Sex or no sex. I'm in love with you and I don't think I ever will not be in love with you." Tobin says, playing with my hair and I sigh, melting into her embrace.

-
Tobin
-

After a few minutes, Y/N had fallen asleep, and I couldn't help but smile at her. It's the best I've seen her sleep since everything happened. Maybe the Olympics will be the turning point for her life. Maybe we'll win gold, her mom will get better and who knows, she may find a cute puppy in the streets of Orlando and take them in. I just want my happy-go-lucky, extremely dedicated, play hard train harder, Y/N Y/L/N back. I hate seeing her upset. It hurts me to see her upset and it hurts even worse to know I can't fix it with something as simple as a gift or a treat she'll whine about eating for a month after eating. It was late anyway, not terribly late, but the sun wasn't up, so I decided after a while of just thinking about my girlfriend, I decided to follow her lead and go to sleep.

In the morning, I woke up to see Y/N sitting up already, but her brow was furrowed.

"Hey, love." I said, resting my head on her lap. She gives me a small smile and drops her hand to my hair, playing with it.

"I got a call from the vet that looked at Sortzen after he was taken in." She says and I furrow my brow.

"This late?"

"They had a bad team and just fixed the problem. Anyway, he had some deformities with his heart and liver. He went down for that nap and those deformities kept him in a forever nap." Y/N says and I sigh.

"I'm sorry baby."

"At least I know I wasn't at fault for him dying. Genetics suck." Y/N says and I look up at her.

"I love you, baby." I say and she smiles down at me.

"I love you too. So much." She says and I keep my smile on my face. "Do we have plans today?"

"Not yet. What do you have in mind?"

"A day in. Up here, just you and I with a few movies. Some food of course, and just spend the day in a cuddled up mess as we watch random movies."

"That sounds amazing."

-

"Ugh! I can't stand you sometimes." Y/N complains as she smacks my chest after I had told a really bad joke.

"It's a good thing we're laying down then." I respond, smiling as I intertwine our fingers before she can move to retaliate my bad jokes.

"Damn you." She says and I smile at her as she puts her forehead to mine. I use my free hand to grab her chin gently and pull her into a soft kiss. When we pull away, she smiles at me before pecking my lips and resting her head on my chest. When this last movie had ended, Y/N and I headed down to the kitchen to find some food, when I got a call from Allie inviting us out to eat with her, Y/N hesitated, but decided that she'd like to spend time with our friend, so we both showered and got ready to leave, I drove of course, because I knew where Allie wanted to meet up, and Y/N was most likely fighting with Ashlyn through text like always.