(3) No, inner beauty matters too.

Start from the beginning

I glare at her, and she smiles. "Thank you! Just have him sign this." She says, handing me a piece of paper.

I take the paper and sigh. "Make sure Alex writes it to Kelly."

I walk back out and see their orders are ready. I grab the dishes and then walk back to their table.

They murmur a thank you, and I say, "My manager was wondering if you could sign this..."

I notice Matt hide a smirk, and Alex shrugs. "Anything for a fan." He says.

"She said her name was Kelly," I mumble, wanting to leave them alone.

He hands me the paper, and I say, "Thank you. Enjoy your meal."

I fast walked back to my manager and gave her the paper. "You're welcome," I say.

"Hey, it's an excuse to talk to a celebrity." She says.

"I'm good... And he's not that popular." I answer.

"Is being on the radio not popular enough for you?" She asks.

I pretend to think and say, "Nope."

I serve a few other customers, and they finally finish their meal. I go to collect their checks and see they tipped me $50.

"Thank you guys so much! Have a good day." I say, starting to clean the table.

"Your name's Primrose, right?" He asks.

I nod and ask, "And you are?"

Matt laughs and says, "She needed to humble you."

Alex shoves him and rolls his eyes. "I'm Alex."

"I'm Matt." He says, waving.

"Oh, I know. My friends are obsessed with you." I say with fake excitement.

"Really?" He asks, surprised.

"Nope." I deadpan.

Alex laughs and asks, "Will we be seeing you at the dance tonight?"

I laugh and say, "Definitely not. And if I were somehow forced, I would never take off my mask."

"Mask?" He asks, confused.

"Ya, it's tradition for everyone to wear them. It's supposed to make it fun and mysterious." I say.

I spot another table waiting to be served and say, "I have another table to serve, but have fun tonight."

"See you, Rose," Alex says, walking away. I smile, knowing I haven't heard anyone give me a nickname in years.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

After I vacuumed the living room, I saw Cassy and Tiffany getting ready for the dance. Cassy sees me staring and glares at me.

"It's not nice to stare. I get you're jealous that you're not going, but can you cry about it somewhere else?" Cassy asks.

Tiffany laughs and fakes a sympathetic look. "I'm sure she's used to not getting attention. One look at her, and all the boys are running away."