Part 32

I layed there, on my bed, thinking.

  Then, it hit me.

  "David," I thought,"It's David."

  I continued thinking, "Oh my gosh."

  Flash backs roared through my brain.

  The time David saved my life back in California... When we watched that woman changed right before our eyes. When, she grabbed me and wouldn't let go, who was there to save me? David...

  Or when I tryed drawing the walker away from the group on that hill, when I tripped over that root... Who was there to pull me back to safety.

  Who stood by me when I decided to take charge and lead the group to safety? David.

  I realized right then and there that, David had never once left my side.  No matter the risk, No matter what the rest of the group said.  He stood by me, and never left my side.

   I got up off of my bed and set the puppy down on my pillow.

   It was now dinner time, it was a perfect time to tell David.

   I walked into the cafeteria and got my food.

   Tonight we were going to have beans and canned fruit. Not much of a dinner, but it's what we had.

   I sat down at a table by myself. Only a few people were in there, Michonne, Carol, Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita were the only ones there. 

   Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita were at a table together. Carol and Michonne at the other.

   I waited for a few minutes, they all started pouring in.

   David, Cheyanne, Dawn, Rose, Asher, Aiden, and Steve all got their food, then came and sat down by me.

   "Hey." David sat down across from me.

  "Hi." I smiled.

  Steve sat next to me, "Feeling better?"

  "Much better.  I just had to think some things through." I put a spoonful of beans in my mouth.

  "Like what?" Cheyanne glimanced at me.

  "Stuff." I replied.

  "What kind of stuff?" she asked again.

  "Certain stuff." I smiled.

  "Ann! Your so difficult to understand!" She acted as if she was going to pull out her hair.

  "Yes, yes I am." I ate another spoonful of beans.

  "So, did you come to a conclusion?" David asked me.

  "Yes. I have." I replied.

  He took a spoonful of beans and put them in his mouth, "And?"

  "What are you guys talking about?" Dawn asked.

  "Is it not obvious?!" Aiden questioned the rest of the group. "Their talking about Ann's decision, duh."

  Everyone stared at Aiden with a blank look.

  "How am I related to you?!" Asher strongly questioned.

  "Well, you see Asher. Our mommy and daddy loved each other very much-"

  "Shut up Aiden!" Asher alarmingly yelled.

  Aiden and I fist bumped, "Good one." I smiled.

  "Ann?" David questioned again.

  "Well, I had to bring back alot of memories that I wanted to put in the back of my head... But, yes."