Part 25

It was dark, my head was in pain.  I felt like I was being shook.

  I opened my eyes to see Asher and Aiden standing over me and the twin girls shaking me trying to get me to wake up. Aiden was holding Judith and Asher was watching around us.

  "What happened?" I sat up and felt my bleeding forehead.

  "The man that attacked you, hit you with the butt of his gun." Aiden explained as he bounced Judith.

  I tryed to stand up. I was weak and dizzy.

  Asher helped me get up, "Are we going to go after them?" Asher asked.   

  "Well, now we have to watch the girls too. We can't take them in there and we can't leave them." I explained.

  Asher and I had a moment. We both looked at Aiden, the one coddling the baby and holding Brooklyn's little hand.

  "You're going to leave me with the kids, aren't you?" He said with a knowledgeable tone.

  "We have to get them back, Aiden." Asher put a hand on his brother's shoulder. "There's only the three kids. They shouldn't cause you that much trouble. You'll have a car, food, and a gun."

  Aiden rolled his eyes in annoyment, "Fine."

  "Thank you so much. We will be back soon, I promise. Just keep these girls safe." I told him.

  "I promise."

  "You coming?" I asked Asher.

  "Phff, yes." He smiled.

  We started walking, where we were going? We had no clue.

  But, when we got to the tire tracks, I knew exactly where to go.

  We walked along the tracks following each one with or eyes, and making sure one didn't decide to go another way.

  "So, your my cousin?" Asher questioned.

  I stepped over a completely dead body, "That's what my Uncle Todd said."

  "Huh. Okay." He replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The tracks continued up the road to an old stationary camp.

  "Here? Why here?" I rubbed my patched forehead.

  "Well, some stationary camps would torture people. This might be one of those." Asher rubbed the handle of his gun.

  I had my gun close and my throwing knives in my hand.

  "Do anything and everything you have to, to get them back. No consequences, do what needs to be done." I told Asher.

  "Man you really want your boyfriend back." Asher stared at the camp.   

  "He's not my boyfriend." I snapped.

  "Yet." He mumbled.   

  I glared at him, but he ignored it.

  "There's a truck." Asher pointed to the west side of the camp.

  "Okay, so this is them or at lease some of them.  You ready?" I turned to him.

  "Ready as I'll ever be." Was his reply.

  "Okay. then let's go."

  We shuffled out in the big open field in front of the camp.

  What I didn't know was that there was a huge hole in the ground, I slipped. And what else would be in that hole, except for walkers.

  Asher grasped the back of my shirt as I begun to fall. He pulled me away from it.