TWENTY III| "The ice cream machines broken!"

Ava

Talk?

We were sat facing each other on the couch, he was waiting for me to talk.

"About what?"

"Everything, you don't seem like yourself, what bothering you Ava?" he asked, concerned.

I sallow the lump growing in my throat and answer,  "Will I hate the fact that there hasn't been a new episode of Spongebob in awhile and how 'fitted sheets' sometimes never seem to actually fit and tha-"

Kai interrupts my ramble, "no, seriously Ava,"

Seriously?

I am serious!

"Nothing, I'm just tired," I sigh

His brows furrow, "Tired? Of what or why?"

I trust him and I see Kai wondering around like a goddam Greek god in my future, he deserves to know.

"Kai? Why didn't you go for someone, I don't know rich?" And much more beautiful, not that I don't slay I think I could model for 'Next top Potatoe' and definitely win.

"Is that what's bothering you? But if you really want to know then, Ava they're not you, I don't want anyone else expect you and I really don't care about someone's money or background," Kai sits closer to me, trying to get his point across

I frowned, looking down, "Kai, you don't even know my story, yet you somehow manage to like me,"

"Your past doesn't define you, I liked you for who you were the moment I met you, and that's what really matters," he states,

But see I think differently, because of my past I am who I am right now.

"You know who my stepdad is," I know he does because his father mentioned it before

"Yes I do, Andrew Smiths," Kai nods

"Will firstly, his an asshole," the end

Kai's face falls into a frown, confusion, amusement, he doesn't even know how he should respond.

"His my older sisters best friends dad, my mom obviously knew him from that but after my dad past away he toke advantage of that and kept trying to get closer to her. By the end she was completely blind and wasn't even trying to see that the idiot was using her, I tried telling her but she didn't want to listen, he'd manage to completely put her under his spell. I swear I bet he was some evil witch.

Anyways, so they pretty much got married and one by one, she kept signing things to his name except one thing that Dad left under my name, but I couldn't stay long to claim it, it's still mine though they won't be able to sign anything without me," I explained, only telling half the story, he stared at me, listening carefully

I know my mother, the hole my dad left in her heart and her loneliness was eating her away, that made her an easy target and more vulnerable to his manipulation and she liked the attention she was getting, even if it was fake.

"How come you left?" He asked,

"My family were a bunch of idiots. They all changed their names to Smith but I refused to change mine and fought a lot with them about that because it basically showed that I didn't accept them, which is true.

Eventually, I became the outsider of my own family, my own mother sometimes forgot about me and my 'new dad' and 'sisters' would leave me out on purpose. Pretty much bullied me around the house and school. I eventually got fed up, I was planning my escape for years so I worked a bunch of jobs to be able to save up enough so I can move and I finally did,"