TWENTY V| "What did you do?"

Ava

Me:
Hey
don't keep calling me I'm driving back, I'll meet you at home

I text Kai, so he would stop calling me.

"Ava! eyes on the road," Adeline says causing me to bring my eye back to the road, my phone buzzes and I drive to the next traffic light to stop and text back.

Kai:
Ava what the hell?!
Why did you go home?
And with who?

Me:
I forgot to feed the dog

Kai:
we don't have a dog?

Me:
did I write dog?
I meant hair dyer opps!

Kai:
you forgot to feed your hair dyer?

Me:
No you stupid I left the hair dryer on. Anyways people in the car behind me are really impatient as I seem to be breaking some laws here!
BYE!

I look in the rear mirror to see that I had managed to cause a traffic. Tick that off Bucket list!

You don't have a buc-

"Ava my grandma could drive faster than you," Adeline groans as I start driving again.

"Geeze women you have a cool grandma but, I most definitely can drive faster than your grandma!" And with that, I start speeding up to 20 mph, while all the other cars beeped at me, annoyed and just cut through me

"Told you I can drive faster than your grandma," I say and decide to stop messing about before I kill us both.

I start speeding toward the Kai's house, where I notice Charlie was standing in the drive-thru, as he notices the car, confusion was clear on his face.

"Let's go!" I cheer, getting out of the car and giving Charlie the keys

"Could like you know, hide this and get rid of the 'just married' sign?" I ask, this doesn't look suspicious at all, you have a bride and a 'just married' car but like where's the groom?

"Do I want to know?" Charlie asks

"I think it's best if you pretend like you didn't see anything," I say while pretending to zip my mouth and throw the keys away

Charlie puts his hand over his eyes while I run inside with Adeline.

"Holy cow, this place is amazing" I hear Adeline say as she takes in the places, I turn around and notice Adeline taking her phone out to take pictures, causing me to slap my forehead with my palm.

"I know right!" I reply dragging her upstairs to my room, I need to hide her before Kai comes.

"The red luggage has all my PJs, so you can get changed and first of all, you can't leave this room," I say with a straight face as we enter my room and Adeline takes a seat on my bed.

"But why?" Adeline asks

"Maybe because thisisntexactlymyhousebutKaisandhehadoesntknow!" I confess, taking a deep breath at the end.

"HOLY COW AVA DID WE JUST BREAK INTO SOMEONE'S HOUSE?!" Adeline belted, getting straight up from the bed.

"NO! No no well technically you did but NO!" I exclaimed, trying to convince her that we are,
well, I am here by permission.