THREE| "I'm Rhys"

Ava

Just as Dumbass left 2 people, one from inside and another one coming out of the plane had helped me up and bandaged up all my wounds.

Both my knees and elbows and forehead had plasters and other little scratches left open with just some medication applied. I think I almost slapped someone while try tried to apply antiseptic on me, that stupid liquid is the devil in disguise!

Here I was standing outside the airport with 2 items of luggage and 2 bags crossed over my shoulder.

I just stood there for a moment, taking in everything around me.

All by myself in this big city.

There is one person who I believe moved here, she was my only friend but, when my mother got married again I had to move away but, I came back one day to look for her and found out that she had left as well and we both never really got a chance to say a proper goodbye.

It's been a long time and I'm sure by now she must've have changed, maybe so much that it'll be hard for me to even recognise her and anyways California is big so let's just see if we cross paths.

Taking a deep breath of the fresh air with my eyes closed, just enjoying the change of air, something hits the back of my throat causing me to erupt into a fit of coughs.

I scrunch my nose up when foul smell surrounds the air.

Covering my nose I look to my right and find a guy standing next me smiling, putting his slightly crooked teeth on display.

"Dude! Did you just fart?! What did you even eat?!" I exclaimed, smacking my hands around as if trying to smack the smell away.

Instead of answering he just smiles more, lets out a 'hehe' and walks away. What on planet mars...?

Weirdo

Ignoring the situation, I walk towards the lined up taxis, going to the one in front and finding the guy digging for treasure in his nose. Lord help me!

"You want to go?" He asks, noticing my presence and wiping his finger on his trousers

Eww!

I quickly shake my head, declining his offer while I wait for someone else to come along and get into his taxi so I could take the next one in line.

Have I met anyone decent so far?

No! I guess my life is just doomed with weirdos, being one myself.

Sighing out loud, I look ahead and notice a lady walking towards the first taxi and getting in.

I run towards the second taxi and shove my belongings in the back, just as I touch the door handle someone else's hand touches it.

Looking up I find dumbass standing over me, seriously author? I let out a frustrated groan and so does he.

What's his problem?!

"I was here first," I state, trying to push him away.

"No, I was," he says, this time pushing me away.

Liar!

This keeps going back and forth, in between our shoving and pushing I hear Dumbass mutter something to himself, "I'm going to-" I miss next words as it wasn't as clear as the others,"I don't have time for this," he says, pushing me pretty hard causing me to almost lose my hold but I don't.