ONE| "I'M FREE!"

Ava

Just standing in the airport made me realise how real this is and I was finally free. No more cleaning, no more getting yelled at for making disgusting food and mostly no more Alison, Ashley or Henry.

"I'M FREE!" I suddenly shout, spreading my arms out, obviously grabbing the attention of almost everyone. Bowing my head down slightly with an awkward smile I silently apologise and walk away, pretending I did not just do that.

I approach the lady at the reception, handing in my passport and ticket,

"Hi," I greet, smiling brightly.

This has to be the best day ever in almost 7 years, I think to myself leaving a big smile on my face. But the next words that came out of her mouth almost felt like someone breaking my happy wall with a bulldozer.

"Oh no, I am so sorry but, it seems we have made an error and overbooked." Glass shatter effect, that's literally what this felt like.

"excuse me..."I say quietly, my smile instantly fading away.

"The seats-" she starts again but I interrupt her, " I know what you said, but this isn't my fault. I paid full price for this flight and it isn't my fault if you made an error, Ms-" the women, I glance at her name tag for a second which reads 'Anna', she stops my ranting and starts speaking again.

"Ma'am I understand your frustration but please calm down, I am sure there is something we can do. Please give me a moment to speak to a senior." She reassures, walking away to a few desks away.

Who is she going to? Maybe Elsa.

If she doesn't sort this out I swear even her sister Elsa won't be able to save her.

My thoughts of Elsa almost freezing my heart is interrupted when Anna comes back and gives me good news to which my smile is back and on display.

"Well, Ms-"stopping for a moment she looks down at my papers to gather my name "Dawson since this was a mistake made by us and lucky there is one available seat in first class. We'd be happy to offer you that seat, if you'd like." She finishes looking at me with a patient smile on her face.

Please tell me why would I refuse this offer.

"Of co-" I stop because I sound way too happy "I mean of course that will be fine," I finish, sounding calmer while my insides were full of jumping monkeys.

Boy am I ready to get on this flight and leave already!

After waiting for a few minutes I see people at the gate, where I'm supposed to be, lining up to get on the plane to leave causing me to get up and join the line.

Finally, I get to see the plane and relax, this is it now, there's no way they can come and drag me out now!

I take in the appearance of the first-class area, everything was so neat and spaced out, 2 seats on both sides of the plane and 2 in the middle, the plane was already full it seemed like I was the last one on.

Reading the numbers above I finally end up on the side of my seat which was already occupied by someone sitting on the edge seat.

I could make out that it was a man, his face covered by a magazine making it hard to make out his appearance.

"sorry if I could just get through please," I say, starting to try and move past him.

Keyword: Try

The man drops his magazine and puts his hand out, stopping me from getting to my seat.

"What are you doing?" His deep, husky voice boomed through my ears.