Chapter 2

"Hey, love bug!" Liam squeals like a kid and wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me into his embrace.

"Liam." I laugh and hug him back.

"How was the break?" He asks, pulling away. He walks to the couch and sits on it pulling out his phone from his back pocket.

"Good..." I guess. "How about you?"

"It was great. It was nice spending time with my family. I went to dinner at my boss' place and there is a charity ball this Friday. You should make an appearance." He rambles and I chuckle.

"I rather not." I laugh. Is he serious?

"You should. We can talk to my boss about your job too." He says.

*******

It's finally Friday and here I am, getting ready for the charity ball. Yes, I agreed to go with Liam so I can meet his boss.

I put on a black knee length dress. I curled the ends of my hair and then tried a hairstyle that worked out successfully. I touched a light make up. I put on my gold heels and checked myself in the mirror one last time and head downstairs.

"Emma! Evan! Can you come downstairs?" I call the kids and within seconds I hear footsteps rushing downstairs.

"Wow, mom. You look nice." Evan exclaims and Emma agrees, nodding her head.

"Thank you, guys." I say. "Let's go, now. I'm getting late." I add and they put on their shoes. Obedient. Since I am going to the ball, my parents are going to babysit my kids. And all the four of them are excited.

The three of us head to my car and I buckle both of them in their seats and head to the driving seat. I push the gas and start the engine and head into the traffic. I look into the mirror and see both of them playing something with their hands. Unlike other kids, my kids get along with each other very well.

Emma Anne Tomlinson, the first of the twins. She has brown curly hair, pale skin and beautiful ocean blue eyes, like her dad. She's very beautiful, kind and caring. Even though she's just four, she helps people a lot. But , when she gets angry it's another story.

Evan Theodore Tomlinson, the younger one of the twins. I don't even have to describe him. He's completely like his dad but with brown eyes. He's so much alike to his dad, that it scares me. He's just four and girls are already falling for his looks. He acts so matured than his sister and says things that a normal four year old wouldn't say. But he's a sweetheart.

After dropping the kids at my parents place I make my way to the address Liam gave me to get to the charity ball.

The ball is crowded and few people are dancing as loud music plays in the background. I try to find Liam in the crowd but fail. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see a curly haired man. He's so tall and he looks beautiful. He gives me tooth smile, showing his dimples. I smile back.

"Hello. I'm Harry styles." He says, holding his hand out. I think twice before shaking his hand.

"Madison Tomlinson." I say. I turn away from him and I find Liam. Without saying a word to the man behind me I walk towards Liam. As soon as he notices me, he stands up and hugs me hello.

"Where the hell is your mobile? I've been calling you." I pull away from him.

"Hello to you too." He says sarcastically and I roll my eyes. "You know? If you do that again, your eye balls will fall out." He says and I roll my eyes, again.

"Well they didn't." I say and after a long pause we both burst into laughter.

The next half an hour passes quickly as I meet Liam's friends and colleagues. They're all friendly and it's fun to have them around. I recognise one of them as the man that I met when I came here. Harry. His name was Harry. Right? Everyone are engaged in a conversation and Harry is looking at me. Or staring.

"You look beautiful." He says.

"Thank you. So do you." I smile and turn away to talk to Liam. I'm very bad in talking with men, unless they are close friends or family of mine.

"Madison-" Harry is cut off.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce to you all, our special guest tonight, Mr.Niall Horan." The man with a microphone says and my heart literally stops.

______________

Word count: 774