Chapter 1

5 years later

"Mommy!" I hear my little girl, Emma's voice, waking me up as she sits on my stomach.

"Come on, Mom! It's Christmas!" Evan, my little prince says. They both are so excited because it's Christmas and they get to open gifts today. I chuckle lowly as I open my eyes and look at my kids whose faces are bright with happiness.

"Merry Christmas, babies." I say and sit up with emma on my lap. I kiss their foreheads and they tackle me in a warm hug. We stay like that for few minutes before Evan pulls away.

"Merry Christmas, mommy." They say and kiss my cheeks and immediately a smile appears on my face.

"Come on mommy, let's open the gifts now!" They both squeal.

"Hold your horses, guys. Your grandparents and your aunt's family should be here before you can open your gifts." I say and they pout. "Let's get ready. Yeah?" I ask and they nod before we get out of the bed and start our morning routine.

*******

It's been an hour or two since my family arrived and we all opens our gifts few minutes back. Now we all were just sitting on the couches as woman are talking and the men were
are playing with the kids.

"Daddy, I am sleepy." Molly, my sister's daughter says to Nathan.

(A/N: Molly is Nathan's and Ellie's daughter.)

"Come here sweetie." Nathan says and pulls her into his arms and lays her on his chest. She closes her eyes and immediately falls into a peaceful sleep. I stare at the both of them adoringly. Ellie is lucky to have a husband who cares for her and their daughter. Tears form in my eyes, thinking of him but I quickly blink them away before anyone catches me. My mother excuses herself to go to the restroom and my sister starts to speak.

"Why don't you call him?" Ellie places her hand on my shoulder and I know she saw tears in my eyes.

It's been five years since Niall and I's divorce, five years since he left me when I was pregnant and 4 years since I gave birth to my children. I was completely Alone, broken, sad and depressed without Niall. Though I had my parents and sister, I felt lonely. But after my kids came into the world, everything changed. Everything. I had to be strong, for them. Though sometimes I felt vulnerable I tried to be strong. I turn to look at my children and see them smiling as they play with my dad. I always want to make them smile and make them.....Happy.

I turn to my sister and she's looking at me, waiting for my answer. I slowly shake my head, left to right, indicating a 'no' .

"Okay. You're wish. But, don't you think he deserves to know?" She asks.

"He doesn't deserve to know." I say, angrily.

"But he's their father." She snaps and rolls her eyes.

"So what! Huh!? He didn't even let me tell him that day. He was busy spending time with his girlfriend. He accused me of cheating without knowing the truth. He slapped me when I tried to explain." I suppress a sob. "He doesn't deserve to know. They are not our kids, they are my kids." I cry.

I then realise that I've been so loud and now, everyone are staring at me. I get of  the couch and run into my room and lock the door before sliding against it. I put my head in my hands and sob uncontrollably. I still remember that day, when I signed the divorce papers at his office.

*********

(A/N: this is five years ago.)

I walk through the large doors of the Horan.Inc and towards the elevator. I press the 30th floor that leads to his office. I was here a couple of days back and everything was perfectly fine. But now, everything changed.