Chapter 1: Flirty Captains & Floatation Devices

Start from the beginning

"Oh I'm sure the kids would love that, thank you," I reply as Harry guides the kids to walk up first and then myself.

I'm in awe as I enter the plane and take in the surroundings that I almost forget to say hello to the flight attendant waiting at the door.

She gives me what I consider a grimace instead of a smile and I half wonder if she's constipated.

However her face lights up when Harry follows me inside.

Of course.

My mistake.

No constipation here.

Well she didn't have his dick inside her last night so she can be as chirpy as she damn well likes to him for all I care.

I follow the kids who have already made themselves comfortable in their chairs near the front so Harry and I are left with a choice of seating further to the back of the plane.

I ensure the kids seatbelts are on and adjusted as I don't think Trolley Dolly is going to get around to it anytime soon. 

I make my way to a set of two seats next to each other and sit down at the window, making myself comfortable.

I glance up and the young girl is still talking to Harry, laughing and tossing her hair repeatedly.

I'm seriously worried that she might pull a neck muscle if she's not careful.

However, it's when she lays a hand on his arm I can't say I'm exactly thrilled about that.

She walks Harry down to us and just as he moves to sit down next to me she speaks.

"Oh the seatbelt isn't working on that seat, you'll have to sit elsewhere," she says, "I'm terribly sorry."

I think she's about as sorry as Chloe looks when I catch her stealing my chocolate.

"Just sit over there Harry, it's fine," I smile at him.

He sighs but does it as we've got to get going and really, it's not like it's forever.

Harry throws his bag down on the floor and sits down and before either of us can say anything, she's got her inflatable life raft in front of his face as she bends down and adjusts his seatbelt for him.

Part of me wants to get up and slap her one but the other is kind of trying not to laugh at Harry's predicament, horror clearly written all over his face.

"Can I get you anything to drink while you're waiting for take-off Harry?" she purrs.

He politely declines and she smiles and nods before walking off.

Am I freaking invisible all of a sudden?

Like, aren't you going to ask me if I want anything?!

"Beth!" Harry says with force, causing me to look back to him.

"What?" I ask in a short tone.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Are you serious?" I reply, "you genuinely have no idea?"

He shakes his head and looks dumbfounded.

Oh Harry.

You are just too sweet sometimes.

"The way she treated me compared to you just then was ridiculous and the fact she was practically in your lap just then...I mean..." I taper off.

Harry keeps looking at me.

"I got no welcome smile, no offer of a drink then and nor did she feel the need to touch me," I say before turning and looking out the window.

Silence.