Chapter 26

Chapter26
Ariana POV

I sat on the couch opposite Katherine. She was writing in some journal. I mean,really writing in journals are so lame. I know she had nearly killed herself and stuff but ,writing in a diary isn't going to help.
"Dear diary, so here I am alive. Stefan and Ariana saved me from killing myself. Now Stefan's got me on suicide watch. He says it would be therapeutic for me to write down my feelings about the fact that I'm dying and there's nothing I can do about it. Deep thoughts, mortal coil, blah blah blah. My hand's tired." Katherine said as she wrote. I laughed as she teared out the page and threw it at Stefan.
"What kind of sentimental idiot writes down everything they feel? Is this what the prophecy meant when it said that all the doppelgängers were drawn together like magnets? Because if it is, I want my money back." She told Stefan as I laughed some more.
"I'm just trying to make sure you don't slit your wrists." He said.
"Well, this whole neurotic granny vibe, doesn't exactly make me want to live. Do you really have nothing better to do than stand there all day and watch me write in cursive?" Katherine asked.
"Yeah Stefan I was hoping me and Katherine could go shopping." I told him. Katherine looked up at him and nodded.
" All I'm doing is trying to make sure you don't kill yourself." He exclaimed.
"And how are you going to do that? You know, since you're still having your little panic attacks?" Katherine said. I looked at Stefan, it was true he was having panic attacks. But Katherine was standing on thin ice here.
"I'm fine." Stefan said.
"Yeah. Of course. You are the picture of mental health, Stefan, after being locked for three months in a safe, at the bottom of a quarry." She persisted.
"I am dealing with it." He replied back.
"I know. I mean, I heard you 'dealing' with it earlier today in the library. It sounded like you freaked out and broke a chair, maybe even two. How are you supposed to help me stay alive if you can't even help yourself?" Katherine said as I flashed her a glance. If she wanted Stefan to freak out then she was doing a pretty good job.
"So does this mean you want to live?" Stefan said trying to change the subject.
"No. It means I can't work with people who can't give me 100%." Katherine said as I heard a knock at the door.
"And so, I may have called for backup." Katherine finished. I walked to the door and opened it. There ,standing in the doorway, was a bouncy blonde. This must be Caroline, I thought.
"Who are you?" She asked.
" I'm Ariana, nice to finally meet you, blondy." I teased her as I let her in.
"Damon's daughter. It's good to meet you." She said as she walked up to Stefan.
"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked.
"I'm your sober sponsor, and I heard that you needed help." She said before sitting down on a chair.
"Really?" Stefan asked. I sighed and sat down, this was gonna be a long day.
"And I got my Mom to drop off something for us to use." She said as she walks outside and brings in a box. No a safe, Stefan's safe. God vampire strength is so useful, I thought. But when I looked at Stefan I became serious. He looked almost scared of the safe.
"Don't worry. I sanitized it." Caroline joked as I let out a laugh.

~~~

Damon's POV
I sat at the back of the cell. Well, my cell. Funnily enough I had been given the same cell as last time. I looked over to Wes was watching me and writing things down.

"Just so you know, didn't end well for the last Augustines. You're inviting bad karma in by holding me here." I told Wes weakly.
"Is that what you told Dr. Whitmore?" He replied. I froze. Pain surged through me as memory's replayed in my head.

Unknown lab, 1953
I was strapped down to a table. Let me out! I screamed through my mind as I struggled to get out of the bonds that were keeping me down. Then he entered, Dr. Whitmore.
He then checks my eyes with a flashlight. What the hell?! But then ,I smirked ,as I compelled
"As much as I would like a free checkup, you're gonna let me go."
"That's a good try. I'm wearing vervain." He said showing me his watch in his wrist.
"You know, most people would buy me dinner first." I smirked getting a bit annoyed now.
"This isn't a personal matter. It's for the advancement of science." He said.
"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked really confused.
"You're a vampire. Your blood heals others, your body heals itself. You'll regenerate parts of internal organs, after I remove them." He said picking some sort of tool.
"Listen. How I got this amazing body has nothing to do with science, so running...aah!" I said as Dr. Whitmore stabs me with the tool in my eye. Pain surged through me as I screamed in agony.
"You talk too much" Dr. Whitmore laughed out.

"So you Augustine freaks are still at it, eye exams and that sort of thing?" I asked Wes.
"Jesse was proof that my research goes far beyond that. I trained him to crave vampire blood instead of human blood. Now, I'm ready to take my research to the next level." He smirked as he laughed a bit. He was completely mad this guy.

~~~

Ariana's POV

Me, Caroline and Stefan stand in front of the safe, which is already inside the house on the library's floor.
"I spent 3 months drowning in this thing. What the hell were you thinking?" He asked Caroline. He looked worried and scared, and I wouldn't blame him.
"I was thinking it's time for you to deal with the source of your PTSD." Caroline told him.
"And you're sure you're not just sublimating your feelings about what happened to Jesse last night?" He asked her.
" Feelings? What feelings would I have about my best friend killing the guy I was crushing on?" She spat out.
"He was out of control, and Elena did what she had to do." Stefan told Caroline.
"No. Elena did what she thought she had to do just like she also thought that Damon was good boyfriend material. Now you see wher I'm going with this?" Caroline said.
"I have to agree with Caroline on this one. Elena didn't have to kill him. She could of tried. To save him" I said as Stefan shook it of and asked Caroline.
"Anyways, aren't you a drama major? What do you know about PTSD?"
"Well, I know that you tried to deal with it your own way and you failed, so now we're gonna try it my way." She smiled as she lifted the safe door open. We all stated at the safe door. This was going to be a long day.

*
*
*
*
*
I know not a lot happens in this chapter but I felt some of the stuff that happens is quite important. I will update soon. Oh and I promise Klaus will be in the next 1 or 2 episodes.
Comment
Vote
Comment
Vote