Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Damon's POV
Wes was know sweating a lot. He looked really bad. The thing is I don't care.
"Turning a kid into a vampire so you can experiment on him? Harsh. What is it about this place that turns people into mad scientists?" I teased him. I was referring to Jesse. Apparently Wes had turned him into a vampire an tested on him.
"Human trials are a vital part of modern medicine." He replied.
"Don't people usually volunteer, or sign waivers to maybe get some dough for tuition?" I asked him. I looked through the vials again. Which one to use... Hard choice.
"Sometimes, you do what's necessary for the greater good." He told me.
"I'm not the greatest guy in the world, but sounds like some High-level crap that you're spouting out, so I gotta ask, what is your greater good?" I asked, getting really pissed of. I pulled out another jab and walked over to him.
"Rabies. Sounds fun, doesn't it?" I laughed as I injected him with the vial of rabies.

I sat down on the chair next to Wes. Ugh! Rabies didn't do anything...yet. But it was still boring just waiting.
"Well, rabies was a bust." I said , throwing the needle away.
"I guess I'll find something a little more immediate." I said as I looked through more jabs.
" I wanted to turn Jesse into a new kind of vampire." He finally spat out.
"Well, that's awfully ambitious of you." I said still looking through the vials.
"I am awfully smart." He smirked. The I turned towards him after picking out another jab. I show it to him , and he flinches .
"Ebola." I tell him before going back to are other conversation.
"Why?" I asked as I began to inject 'Ebola'.
"Your kind is dangerous to humans. You're dangerous because we're your food source. I want to change that." He said string at me injecting the liquid into him.
"If vampires don't need to feed on humans, they're no longer a threat." He told me. I threw the needle away and looked at him.
"I'm not buying the good doctor bit." I said slamming my fist down onto the table.
"Human blood will only satiate Jesse temporarily until he gets a taste of what he really craves." Wes began as a smirk appeared on his lips.
"Well, what exactly does he really crave?" I asked him getting a bit worried.
~~~
Elena's POV

I was handing out Jell-O shots to everyone when I noticed Aaron walked in. I smiled as he walked up to me.
"Ok. So this isn't the lamest party that I've ever been to." He teased me.
"Aaron, hey. You made it." I said.
"Barely. I think I fell asleep. I just woke up." He said. That might of been me... Oops.
"Weird. Well, this will make it better." I say offering him a Jell-O shot.
"Oh. Now I know why Wes told me to stay away from you. Cheers" he laughed before we both gulped down our shots.
"Mmm. You're trouble." He told me.
"So, hey. How do you know Wes anyway?" I asked him. I need to get some information out of him... One way or another.
"He's my legal guardian." He told me.
"Really?" I asked a bit shocked.
"Mm-hmm." He said.
"What about your parents?" I asked him.
"Uh, dead." He told me.
"Mine, too. Birth and adoptive." I told him. We had quite a lot in common Aaron and I... I never really noticed.
"Whoa. Dark. No offense, but usually, I'm the biggest freak in the room." He laughed out as he went and sat down on the staircase right behind us.
"So how'd it happen?" He asked.
"Uh, our car went over a bridge. I lived, they didn't." I said joining him on the staircase.
"Mmm" he said before I asked.
"You?"
"I was 6, and we went camping, and I woke up to the sound of my mom screaming. I went to check it out, and I saw blood everywhere. They had bite marks all over their neck." He told me. Wait a minute Bite marks? Blood everywhere? This sounds like a vampire killed his parents.
"Bite marks?" I asked just to make sure that's what he really said.
"Yeah. They said a bear got into the camp. So I shuffled around distant relatives for a while. Eventually, Wes took me in. So Wes is the closest thing to family I have left." He told me. Great. Just great! I had sent Damon to talk to Wes, who right now may or may not be dead, and it would be my fault. My fault that Aaron wouldn't have anyone left. My fault...
"Wow. I think I need another Jell-o shot. I'll be right back. I'm glad that you came." I told him before getting up and walking away.
Suddenly I bumped into Caroline. She looked worried, but I shook it of.
"Hey. Have you seen Jesse?" She asked. Wait a minute she lost Jesse!
"No." I told her as I tried to walk around her.
"Wait. Where are you going?" She asked me.
"To call Damon, to make sure that he doesn't kill Wes." I said walking around Caroline.