Merome- Epilepsy

N.A.- Includes most of the Pack (Minus Vikk cause England)

Jerome's P.O.V.

I woke up early, earlier than I normally would but there was no noise. I thought that was strange considering our guests were normally very loud. Mitch's legs were entangled with mine, his head resting underneath my chin and his hands lying against my chest.

He wasn't awake yet and I knew it was a good thing, he had been feeling terrible the day before and I knew from experience that he had a high chance of having a seizure. The medication the doctors had given him helped by lower the chance of having high risk seizures but it couldn't stop them completely. He could go a few weeks without one but the longer he went without one, the higher his chance of ending up in hospital.

A few years back he ended up in a car crash and he hit his head, which is why he had seizures in the first place and although doctors had told his that they would go away after a few years, they hadn't up until that point.

Downstairs was silent even though it was 11A.M and Lachlan, Rob and Preston were all in the house somewhere, Lachlan actually in the room next door. I hadn't heard a peep from any of them. But then again I had told them the night before that Mitch wasn't feeling very good.

A sleepy groan sounded from beside me, Mitch's head moving as he woke up. Hazel eyes peered up at me from the bed and I smiled, running my hand through his hair.

"Mornin' Mitchie." My voice cracked slightly, it hadn't been used so I honestly sounded like I was sick. He let out a sleepy yawn and shut his eyes, sleep almost taking over again before a loud crash from below us startled him right awake. It sounded like someone from below us dropped something and there had been breaking glass too, so we got up to investigate.

Mitch was very shaky as he stood, his hands trembling. This was normal, especially before a seizure because it sort of slowed his movements down, making it hard to walk and making sure he tended to crash into everything. On the days he was feeling like that we tended to just lie on the couch where he was the least likely to get hurt.

I picked him up carefully and he wrapped his legs around my waist, his head tucked into my shoulder. I carried him downstairs, the tapping of my feet almost sending him back to sleep.

Just as I lay him down on the couch downstairs his muscles tightened and his head jerked sideways, in what we referred to as a cramp. We couldn't stop them and normally they were a sign of a seizure to come. Stroking his hair for comfort I watched as his muscles tightened and body froze up several times in a row before his body relaxed, his eyes closing. I kissed his forehead and lay a blanket over his now still body.

I walked quietly into the kitchen where the crash had come from. I came across utter chaos. Preston was standing in the middle of the kitchen in bare feet and glass shattered around him, Rob was holding a broom and carefully sweeping up the glass and Lachlan was leaning tiredly against the opposite doorway, his eyes slipping shut every few seconds and his head nodding.

I sighed, Preston had probably dropped something and had woken Lachlan up as well as Mitch and myself. I shuffled over to Lachlan, being careful to avoid any glass that had found its way across the kitchen but thankfully none had. I pulled his arm and started to lead him into the living room where Mitch was. He was clearly very tired, blue bags under his eyes and his hair limp. Seemed like I was going to have more than one tired and sleepy boy in my care.

The second I walked into the living room I knew something was off. Mitch was no longer on the couch where I had left him but rather he was on the floor between the couch and the coffee table, his body convulsing and shaking. His muscles were tightening and relaxing violently and in a steady rhythm, as if someone was sending volts of electricity through his body.

Adrenaline rushed through my body, even though it had happened so many times it still scared me, because it was so easy for him to fall and get hurt, or end up in hospital. He had stopped breathing, his lips turning slightly blue from the lack of air so I rushed forwards and pushed him onto his side to open his airway, gently holding him on his side as he shook and pushing the coffee table away from us with my back to give me some room to work with.

The seizures normally lasted from 30 seconds to a minute and this one was very short, probably less than 30 seconds even, although I hadn't been there for the first however how long. I could see Lachlan out of the corner of my eye, his eyes wide and frightened. In the mess I'd actually forgotten that Lachlan had never witnessed one of Mitch's seizures before, he'd never been around but Rob and Preston both had.

He coughed, mucus coming from his mouth as his breathing became more regular and I swiped it away with the blanket that had ended up on the floor. I knew he was going to be unconscious for a few minutes and when he woke up, he wouldn't remember what happened, probably as far back as last night.

I looked up as I heard movement and saw Lachlan leaning on Rob and Preston beside him, all of them now standing in the doorway. Lachlan was very pale and something told me he wasn't feeling very well either, maybe he had been up before Preston dropped whatever he had.

I lifted Mitch up bridal style and lay him on the couch still facing towards us to keep his airway open. Rob and Lachlan sat down on the other couch, Lachlan curling up onto his side with his head resting in Rob's lap and Preston sat on the floor in front of Rob with his shoulders wedged between Rob's legs.

I gently rested Mitch's head on my legs, the adrenaline wearing off and I rested my head against the back of the couch and my eyes closing. When I opened them again it was because Mitch groaned and started shifting around.

"Hey Mitch, hey, take it easy... do you remember what happened?" He shook his head and bought his hand up to cover his eyes, bleary with tiredness.

"You had a seizure, remember?" I saw him focus, his eyes squinting in concentration.

"I was on the couch?" It was more of a question than a statement, but it was good, he was starting to remember stuff even if it was vague.

"You fell off when you had the seizure, did you hurt yourself anywhere?" He shook his head slowly, but sleep was once again taking over and as the hazel in his eyes dimmed I squeezed his hand. In his last seconds before sleep he smiled up at me, completely reassuring me.

I quickly glanced across the room and saw Lachlan's eyes slide shut, sleep taking over the now pale blonde. Preston was already asleep, his head leaning against Rob's legs and his eyes shut tight. I smiled, Preston was normally the last one to sleep and the first one awake. Also the most clumsy judging on the earlier episode.

Rob's head was nodding too so I carefully moved Mitch's head off my lap and picked Preston up, his head falling limp against my chest. I carried him bridal style to the other couch, pulling a blanket over his chest.

I lay down on the couch and pulled Mitch in a hug, a similar position to what we had been in earlier. And just like that morning, his legs were entangled with mine, head was resting under my chin and his hands were resting against my chest.

Epilepsy always made sure that was how we started our day.