Power Coins

"Whoa! Whoa!" Billy called out, struggling to his feet. "That really rung my bell."

    "Hey, hey, hey!" Jason yelled.    

    "Go, go, go, go, go!" Kimberly shouted.

    Jason, Kimberly, and Jaylyn came sliding down the hill to Billy, who was still trying to regain his balance.

    "Oh! Wow!" Billy shouted.

    "Hey!" the train boy, Zack, called out. "What are you doing, dude?"

    "I been digging up here for some years," Billy said.

    "Hey! Easy, guy. Let's sort this out, huh?" Jason said, pushing Zack away from Billy.

    "I seen hum up here before," Zack said, pointing at Billy.

    "Hey, Jason," Billy said.

    "Dude cannot be walking around blowing stuff up!" Zack continued.

    "I was just trying to dig a little deeper!" Billy yelled, not knowing that they could hear perfectly clear. "Maybe I dug too deep."

    "Billy, you don't have to yell. We can hear you, okay?" Jason asked.

    "Okay!" Billy yelled.

    "Hey!" a voice yelled. "You guys looking to get busted or something? This place is a restricted area!"

    "Oh, really, Einstein? Restricted? As in, we shouldn't be standing on crazy rocks doing Karate Kid moves, right?" Zack asked.

    A deep rumbling was heard as Billy walked up to the rock wall. No one else seemed to hear it, though. Billy turned back to look at them.

    "Uh... Guys..." he said.

    "Yeah. I see you," Zack continued.

    "Yeah, or camping out on old trains. I see you, too, homeboy," the girl replied.

    "Uh, guys..." Billy tried again as the rumbling continued.

    "There's a lotta mine security out tonight," the girl continued.

    "Who is she?" Jaylyn asked.

    "I don't know," Jason answered. "I've never seen her before."

    Billy ran his hand over the rock, feeling the vibrations. Part of the rock started to crack, causing Billy to yank his hand away.

    "Oh, no," he whispered.

    He turned and ran as the rock crumbled. The girl on top of the rocks gasped and screamed as she was taken down with the rocks. Jason, on instinct, turned and jumped over on top of Jaylyn to protect her. His arms wrapped around her as he put his back to the crumbling rocks, shielding her body with his own. Jaylyn was curled up into a ball in fear. Zack had launched himself to protect the new girl, Trini. Billy was hovering over Kimberly. The boys were protecting the girls on instinct. When the rocks were done falling, the boys slowly removed themselves from the girls, making sure they were safe.

    "Are you okay?" Jason asked, his question directed at Jaylyn only to be answered by everyone.

    "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay," Trini answered.

    The others agreed before standing up. They were still coughing from the dust cloud that had risen up with the crash.

    "Whoa," Billy said as he stared at the newly broken wall. "What is it?"