Please talk to me

After homecoming, I kept my distance from Zack as much as I could. I hated to do it, but I needed to protect Tony and Lucas. Zack tried everything, and so did the others to get me to talk to Zack, but I made up some excuse.

The worst part is when I was at home; I would stay in my room and cry. It wasn't fair that the minute I have a chance at happiness, someone rips it away from me.

I was in my bedroom, staring out the window when my dad came into my bedroom with Chase.

"Honey, can we talk to you?" Dad asked.

I sighed. "If it's about Zack. I can't."

"Grace, please talk to me. My son is at a loss of what he wronged," Chase said.

"Zack did nothing wrong," I muttered, and my eyes became glassy.

Dad walked over and crouched next to me. "Baby girl, tell me what happened. Please."

That was the first time that I heard my dad beg me to talk to him, and my tears fell down my cheeks.

"Grace?" Dad said, furrowing his brows.

I looked at Dad, then at Chase and that's when I lost it, "Missy told me that if I don't give up Zack, she will turn in Tony for hitting Marco at homecoming and tell everyone that Lucas is gay." I sniffled.

"What?" Chase said.

"Yeah," I said sniffling.

"Why would she do that?" Chase asked.

"Because Zack pretended to like Missy to protect me, but he called it off. When he finally came clean to me about how he felt, I was so happy then she took it away from me. I only did it to protect the others," I bawled, and Dad pulled me into his arms, comforting me.

"Shh, it's okay," Dad said, rubbing the back of my head, soothing me. Then he looked at Chase. "Call Brax and the boys."

Chase pulled out his phone and made a call.

"What about Missy?" I asked.

"Don't worry about Missy. She will learn what it means to blackmail my family," Dad said as I nodded.

A half-hour later, the guys arrived, and Zack ran up to my room, taking two steps at a time until he reached my door. He walked in, and Dad stepped aside as Zack walked over to me. He crouched in front of me. "Gracie, look at me." He took his finger and lifted my chin with it. He looked into my eyes and said, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought it was easier this way," I sniffled.

"Was it?" Zack asked.

"Was what?" I asked, confused.

"Was it easier for you?" Zack asked me.

"No," I said as I cried.

Zack wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him. I reached up and grabbed the back of his hoodie, clenching it with my hands as I cried.

Zack held me as I cried into his hoodie. After a while, I cried myself out and looked at him, "So, you don't hate me?"

"I can't hate you. It didn't thrill me, the moment I finally tell you how I feel, then it's ripped from me, but I never hated you. I love you," Zack said to me.

"You love me?" I asked, surprised.

"As long as I can remember," Zack smiled.

That made me smile. Zack reached up and placed his hands on the side of my face, leaning in and giving me a soft kiss. I kissed Zack back. Then he pulled back, and I looked at him, "I love you, Zack."

"You do?" Zack asked, surprised.

"Yeah, you're not my friend, you're my best friend. You're always there for me no matter what," I said to Zack. "I was too blind to see it."

"Well, I don't think you're blind now. Promise me that you won't ever do that again. I don't want to start something only for it to end an hour later," Zack chuckled.

"I make no promises," I said with a shrug, with Zack laughing even more.

"I hate to break up this love fest between you two, but I need you both downstairs. We have another issue to deal with now," Dad said. We looked up at him, and Zack stood, reaching out his hand, and I took it as we walked out of my room hand in hand.

We went down into the living room so that Dad could talk to all of us. Charlie came over with Elijah, and he signed to Mom what Dad was saying.

"I can't believe that little bitch," Brax said.

"Yeah, well, that bitch is a typical dumbass that thinks blackmailing someone it will get her further in life," Chase said.

"I don't give a flying fuck who this bitch is. She messed with the wrong damn family," Dad said.

"How do you want to handle this?" Brax asked.

"I've got an idea. Chase and Brax, follow me," Dad said as they left the house.

"Where are they going?" Mom signed.

"To take care of business," I signed.

"Oh dear, I'll get the bail money together," Mom signed.

We all looked at each other. It was never good when someone pissed Dad off.

Dad, Chase, and Brax showed up at Missy's front door, and Dad knocked on it. The door opened and revealed a man about Dad's age.

"Mr. Morgan," the man said, surprised. "What do I owe the honor of your visit?"

"Frank, we're here for your daughter," Dad said.

"Why?" Missy's dad asked, confused.

"Because it seems your daughter thought it's a smart thing to blackmail my daughter. You know that I can't let that slide," Dad said to Missy's father.

Her father looked at Dad and the others, then stepped aside as they went inside the house. Missy's father closed the door. Brax and Chase went up to Missy's bedroom and dragged her out of her bedroom. They brought her downstairs and to face Dad.

"Daddy!" Missy screamed, terrified.

Missy's dad said nothing as Dad looked at Missy. "I'm sorry, but you crossed the line. Take her out to the car."

Chase and Brax dragged Missy out of the house as her father looked at Dad. "Please, Missy is my only child. It will devastate her mother."

"Then maybe your daughter should think before going after my daughter. Oh, and Frank, if you call the other's parents, you will join your daughter," Dad said as he walked out of the house.

Dad climbed into the car and started the engine. Missy's sobs fell on deaf ears as they made their way to the other girl's houses and dragged them out with a warning the parents weren't to speak of them after this. The mothers cried while the fathers nodded in agreement.

With that, Dad and the others drove off with all three girls. What they had planned the Barbies wouldn't like, but when it comes down to it when you play with fire, you will get burned and burned they did.