It's the little things that matter

"Let go, Gracie," Zack yelled as he and Tony pulled on my ankles.

"No! And you can't make me," I yelled as I held onto my bedpost with a death grip.

"Will you two help or stand there?" Tony grunted.

"Eh, we figured you two got it under control," Sean said.

"Let go!" Zack yelled.

"No!" I yelled back.

You're wondering what the heck is happening between the guys and me? Well, it's time for school, and I decided, scratch that, I refused to return to school after what the Barbies and those guys did to me. So, the guys are persuading me to return. Let's say it's a battle of wills and I'm winning.

"Gracie, you need to let go," Tony grunted.

"No!" I yelled.

"Don't make us get your dad," Zack said, clenching his teeth.

"Get him! I don't care! I'm not going," I shouted. Then before I knew it, someone started tickling me in the armpit, and I let go, flying into the guys. We toppled over on the floor, and I looked up to see Dad.

"You boys make things more difficult than it needs," Dad said to us.

Zack and Tony sighed and got up. They helped me to my feet as Dad handed me my bag.

"Better hurry before you're late," Dad smirked.

"Dad," I whined.

"Grace has a good day," Dad said, waving to me as they dragged me out of my bedroom. Leave it to Dad to thwart any attempts to stay home.

We pulled up to school, and they dragged me out of the car. I stood there, refusing to move, and Zack walked over, picked me up, tossing me over his shoulder, then carried me into the school. I will not win this battle.

Once inside the school, Zack set me down, and people stared at me. I looked at the guys, and they shrugged. We went to our lockers as people stared and whispered. It's a typical high school mentality. Someone gets humiliated, and people would rather be part of the problem than the solution.

We got to our lockers, and I put my stuff away, grabbing some books. I didn't see the Barbie bitches anywhere. At least that was one good thing.

Most of the morning was reasonable, and it wasn't until we got to lunch that things got interesting. We were sitting at a table when some girls walked over to us.

"I guess they were right," one girl smirked.

"Right about what?" I asked, putting my sandwich down.

"You are nothing but a whore," the other laughed as they walked away.

"Ignored them, Gracie," Tony said.

"That's what I'm doing," I said, taking a bite out of my sandwich.

It continued throughout the lunch hour. Every time someone walked past me, the person would call me some ungodly name until I couldn't take it anymore and go after the last person who said something. I jumped on them, knocking them to the ground. Then I wailed on the person, taking all my aggression out on them.

"Gracie! Stop," Zack yelled, pulling me from the person who I was beating the shit out.

I fought Zack until he let me go. I looked at everyone in the cafeteria. "The next one that calls me a name will get worse! I'm sick and tired of people thinking this is funny because some stupid plastic bitches didn't get what they want! When did you all become sheep and stop thinking for yourselves, all because some stupid twats tell you?" I shouted.

Everyone looked at me. Then someone yelled, "Big talk for a loser like you!"

People parted and standing there are the Barbies. Well, they look worse for wear. They strutted over to me. The guys were right, Lucas did some damage when he went after them.

"It's funny that you need guys to fight your battles when you can't even fight them yourself," Missy hissed.

"Really? Who says I need to have someone fight my battles for me? It's funny, you had to enlist guys to help you bind my wrists and ankles, then put duct tape on my mouth, while placing a bag over my head," I said, crossing my arms.

"It doesn't matter, you're a loser," Maddie spewed.

I walked up to the Barbies and looked at them in the face. "That's where you're wrong. They raised me to be anything but that."

"It doesn't matter. Your parents are even bigger losers for having a loser kid of their own," Mary spat.

A grinned formed upon my lips. "I will tell my parents that. I'm sure they will be happy to hear what you think of them." They glared at me as I added, "I'm sure it will thrill Ace Morgan to hear you think that he's a loser."

"What?" Missy asked, changing her tone.

"My parents. You do know they are Ace and Hope Morgan. The ones that you have affectionately called losers," I said to the Barbies.

The Barbies looked at each other as did everyone else, then it hit me like a truck. I looked at Sean, and he looked at me with a smirk. We have the same last name.

I turned to them. "Wow. You thought Sean's parents were Hope and Ace Morgan. That's why you didn't mess with him. Damn, you are dumber than I thought."

The color drained from their faces once they realized that I was telling them the truth. Then quickly, they retreated as did everyone else, and the lunchroom cleared out.

"Was it something I said?" I asked the guys, and they all laughed.

After that day, people left me alone. I'm not one to trade on a family name, but this was one of the few times that I didn't mind.

It's the little things that matter, or in this case, it was the big things. From that day on, they left the guys and me in peace mostly, and in the process, we got a great friend out of it, Lucas.

We didn't care that Lucas was gay or anything else. He was like us, a band of misfits who marched to the beat of a different drum.

We even went to see Lucas practice and went to his games to support him, not because of his sexual preference but because he was our friend, and I didn't prefer it any other way.