Paybacks are a bitch

Dad drove the Barbie bitches to a secluded location and led them out of the car. Dad, Chase, and Brax lined the Barbies up and made them kneel in front of them. They looked up at them as Dad said, "The boys warned you and now get to pay for ignoring the warning."

The Barbies looked at Dad and the others with smeared mascara as Brax pulled out a gun and aimed it at them. Dad nodded at Brax, and the Barbies started screaming when Brax pulled the trigger, clicking the weapon, but nothing came out.

Mary and Maddie passed out from shock while Missy stared at them wide-eyed. Dad walked over to Missy and crouched in front of her. "That is your warning that you're getting from me. Pull another stunt, and we'll replace the blanks with a real bullet. Leave my daughter and her friends alone."

With that, the three of them got into the car and drove off, leaving the three girls stranded in no-man's-land. Did you think my dad would kill the Barbies? Yeah, Dad is into some crazy shit, but he scares someone usually gets the point across with the person.

While they were on their way back, Zack sat next to me on the couch with our hands interlocked. It was weird. We were here like this, but it felt right.

"I can't believe you would forgo your happiness to keep my secret," Lucas said.

"It's what friends do for each other. They protect each other," I explained.

"Thank you, Grace," Lucas said to me.

"You're welcome," I said to Lucas, giving him a soft smile.

"For future reference, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't dump me to keep someone's secret. I know why you did it, but I would prefer you to keep me in the loop," Zack said to me.

"Oh, all right, if I must," I said, rolling my eyes.

Zack gave me a look and then kissed me as I giggled.

"Lucas, can I talk to you for a minute," Tony whispered to Lucas.

Lucas nodded, and they went into another room.

"What was that?" I asked. Zack and Sean shrugged. What did these stooges plan?

Lucas and Tony went into another room, and Lucas said, "What did you want to talk about, Tony?"

Before Lucas finished his sentence, Tony walked over and crashed his lips into Lucas's lips, taking him by surprise.

Tony stopped kissing Lucas and said, "Sorry, I wanted to do that for a long time." Lucas looked at Tony, confused as Tony said, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have." Before Tony could finish his sentence, Lucas pulled him into a kiss, causing Tony to kiss him back.

"Okay, this changes things," I said at the door. They stopped and looked at me as Zack and Sean looked around the room.

"Tony? You're gay," I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, about that," Tony said.

I looked at Zack and Sean. "Did you guys know?"

"Well," Zack said.

"Wow," I said, surprised.

How did I not notice Tony was gay? I have two gay uncles, and yet, I missed that my best friend is gay.

"Does Brax know?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, he's my dad," Tony said incredulously.

"When, how, why?" I asked, not sure what to ask.

"After freshman year, I knew things were different. Zack was all loopy in love with you," Tony said as I looked at Zack, who looked around the room. "Sean was dating whatever girl he could get his hands on and me, well, I found guys more attractive. I even went out with girls, thinking maybe it was a phase, but every time I went to kiss one, I didn't feel that attraction."

"Well, okay," I said.

"You don't have a problem with this, do you?" Tony asked me, taking me back.

I walked up to Tony. "Why would I have a problem if you are gay or not?"

"It sounds like you do from your reaction," Tony said defensively.

"Tony! You being gay doesn't matter to me. You not telling me is what bothers me. We're best friends and share stuff. I would support you no matter what, and you know that. To think I have a problem with your sexuality is ridiculous," I said to Tony. I looked at him. Is this what he thought? That I would judge him because he's gay?

"So, our friendship all these years means nothing since you think I judge? Who's a judgmental prick now?" I said as I stormed out of the room.

"Gracie," Tony yelled.

Sean looked at Tony. "Damn, dude."

"Don't worry. I'll talk to Gracie," Zack said as he went to find me, leaving the three of them standing there.

Zack found me in my bedroom, pacing back and forth as I ranted. He walked over and sat on the side of my bed as I ranted until he grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"Grace. Calm down," Zack said.

I looked at Zack, and he rarely calls me Grace. He always calls me Gracie.

"I get that you're upset, but do you know how hard it was for Tony to tell you?"

"I don't know why? It's not like it's a big deal or anything," I said to Zack.

"But to Tony, it is. Gracie, you're the one person who's opinion Tony worries more about than anyone. He knew you wouldn't judge him, but he didn't want you disappointed in him."

"Tony couldn't disappoint me, and honestly, if he's gay or straight, he's still Tony that lovable goofball," I explained.

"Maybe you should tell Tony," Zack said. I nodded in agreement, and he got up, taking my hand, then leading me back to the other room.

The others left Tony and me alone to talk.

"Look, I'm sorry," Tony said.

"No, I'm sorry. Tony, you are my best friend. Yes, it surprised me to find you and Lucas locking lips, but none of that matters to me. What matters is that you're happy," I said, taking Tony's hands into my hands.

"Gracie, I am so happy right now. Lucas is incredible, not to mention he's hot as fuck." Tony grinned, which made me giggled.

"As long as you're happy, then I'm happy. Tony, you always are that big goofball that I know and love," I reasoned.

"Aww, shucks," Tony said casually, which made me laugh even harder. As we talked a bit, I heard the front door open and close. Dad must be back. We hurried downstairs to find him along with Chase and Brax.

Mom came in and signed, "No bail money needed?"

"No bail money," Dad signed back. Mom walked over and threw her arms around him.

"What happened?" Mom asked.

"We scared them a little. From now on, those bitches should leave Grace alone along with the others. If not, then we will deal with it," Dad said to Mom.

"How are things here?" Dad asked us.

"Well, it turns out Tony and Lucas like to make out with each other," I said casually.

They all looked at me, and I shrugged.

"I see Tony finally came clean to Grace," Dad said to Brax.

"Wait, you knew?" I asked.

"Honey, we all did well except you," Dad said to me.

"Am I the last to know anything?" I asked everyone.

"Yep," they all said together.

"Wow, I need to keep up better with things," I said, causing them to laugh.

Yes, folks, these are my crazy family and friends, and I wouldn't have it any other way.