Fake girlfriend?

Before school, Lucas and I met up to plan how we would do this. We needed to make it realistic, or no one would believe it. We started with flirting, then move towards acting like a couple. Let the games begin.

We walked to school, and he walked me to my locker as we talked. The guys watched us as did everyone else. It would interest. As we talked, the guys kept a close eye on us.

"What the fuck is this?" Tony asked.

"It looks like Gracie replaced us," Sean said.

"I don't trust him," Zack said.

"That's an understatement. We're trying to help Gracie, and she finds some new guy? Did I miss something?" Tony asked.

"I think we all did," Sean said. As they went back and forth, Zack started walking towards us.

As Lucas and I talked, I heard a voice behind me. "I didn't know you two were so close suddenly."

I turned to see Zack standing there with Tony and Sean walking up to us.

"I didn't know it was a crime to talk to other guys besides you guys. But then again, you can talk to the Barbie bitches, and it's okay. Hypocritical much?" I questioned, crossing my arms.

Zack glared at me. "That's different."

"That's right; it's different. Listen up everybody; the almighty Zack speaks," I shouted. Then, I shot him a look.

"That's enough, Grace," Zack said to me.

"Yeah, you're right. I've had enough. Play with your Barbie dolls. Come on, Lucas," I said, grabbing Lucas's hand and dragging him behind me.

"You know for a small person, you sure are strong," Lucas said to me.

"Shut it, Lucas," I grumbled.

"Okay," Lucas said hesitantly.

We disappeared down the hallway.

"Dude, what was that all about?" Tony asked.

"Nothing," Zack said as he walked away.

Tony looked at Sean, who shook his head in surprise. Then they ran after Zack.

At lunch, Lucas and I sat together. We ate and talked. Lucas was hilarious, and I could see this turning into a fantastic friendship. All I had to do was to be his fake girlfriend.

As we sat there, people watched us, especially the guys. They focused more on us, then the Barbie bitches.

"Come on, Zackie," Missy said to Zack.

"Missy shut the fuck up," Zack snapped, taking them all by surprise.

"Excuse you?" Missy said snarkily.

Zack snapped his head to her. "No, excuse you. I'm sick of you and your stupid, plastic ways along with your so-call friends there. I'm out of here."

He got up, and she yelled, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Far away from you!" Zack yelled back.

"If you walk away, we're done!" Missy shouted.

"Good, I didn't like you anyway," he shouted at her as he walked away.

"Are you going to let him talk to her like that?" Maddie asked Sean.

"Yep," Sean said, getting up and leaving.

"Sean!" Maddie yelled.

"Later, barbie doll," he said, walking off.

"Tony do something," Mary said.

"Okay. Bye," Tony said, leaving.

"Tony!" Mary yelled.

"Don't call me. I'll call you! Or not," Tony yelled, walking away from her.

"Ooh! They're so going to pay for this! Starting with her," Missy stomped, pointing at me.

"What are we going to do?" Mary asked.

"Follow me, girls. I've got a plan," she smirked as they left the lunchroom. When the Barbie bitches hatch a plan, it was never right.

Sean and Tony caught up with Zack as Tony asked, "What was that about, Zack? You blew the plan."

Zack grabbed him and threw Tony against the lockers as Sean said, "Zack! What the hell, man?"

Zack let go of Tony and paced back and forth, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Zack, what's going on?" Tony asked.

"I can't do this anymore," Zack said, letting out a deep breath.

"Do what?" Tony asked.

"The plan. I hate how we hurt Gracie, and now she's tied up with that asshole," Zack said to them, rubbing his face in frustration.

Tony and Sean looked at Zack, then at each other until Sean asked, "Zack, do you like Grace?"

"What? Pft, no," Zack lied.

They looked at each other and grinned as Tony said, "You so do. You like Grace."

"No, I don't," Zack denied.

"Yes, you do. Admit it," Tony said.

"No, I don't," Zack exclaimed, but they kept at him until he shouted, "I don't like her! I love her!"

They stopped, shocked.

"Shit," Zack mumbled.

Then Sean said, "It's about damn time."

Zack looked at Sean, "What?"

"We already knew, but you would never admit it," Tony said with a big ole grin.

"How?" Zack asked.

"Dude, anyone can see how you feel about Grace, well except you and her," Tony said.

"Yeah, well, it doesn't matter. Grace and Lucas are a cozy," Zack said.

"Psh, yeah, okay," Tony said.

"Look, man, if you want her, then fight for her, or you'll lose her forever," Sean said to him.

"And how am I supposed to do that?" Zack asked.

"Show her," Sean said.

"Show her? She won't even talk to us," Zack said.

"Leave that to us," Tony said like him, and Sean looked at each other, grinning.

After school, Lucas walked me home. Even though I knew him for about a day, I enjoyed his company. It's weird how you can meet someone and feel as if you knew them your whole life.

I invited Lucas into my house and introduced him to my parents as my "boyfriend." They gave us a strange look, and we smiled before going up to my room. Once inside, he looked at me and asked, "Do you think they bought it?"

"I doubt it. My parents are astute with these things," I said, laying down on my bed.

He walked over and sat down on the bed next to me, "Thanks for doing this for me."

I sat up and looked at him, "You know, at some point, tell people."

"I know, but I'm not there yet," Lucas said to me.

"I understand, and don't worry, your secret is safe with me," I smiled, and he chuckled at that.

Lucas and I hung out for a while; then, he went home. I couldn't imagine having to live with a secret like that, afraid of what people might think. But then again, I am living with a secret like that, but it's not my secret to tell.

Then there are the guys who I'm on the outs with now. I was wondering what was up with them today at lunch. Could it be they and the Barbie bitches are no more? Who knows at this point? One thing is for sure. My life was about to take an exciting turn.