ch. 34

> Ari's POV <
"kevin are you okay?" i asked, scooting my chair closer to him.

devin and daniel did the same; the three of us were now sitting right by his side.

he slowly nodded, "y-yeah, what the hell happened?" he sat up from his bed a little too quickly, causing him to groan in pain.

"ah man, my arm's sore like a bi-"

"bro, it's gonna hurt even more if you keep moving," daniel said, cutting him off. "so just lay down."

kevin laid back in his bed and looked at me again. i tilted my head a little to the right to face him better, "do you at least remember last night?"

he nodded, "you helped me."

i smiled and nodded back, "they took the bullet out of your shoulder, you're recovering."

"aight," he replied, "thank you for that by the way."

"no problem," i smiled again.

kevin used his opposite hand to scratch his head, "about last night, i didn't kiss-"

"i told her, kev," devin informed.

"yeah he did," i said quietly. kevin didn't seem to care if i already knew or not.  "kevin you should relax right now."

"ari, i think i relaxed enough," he giggled, "i really wanna talk to you."

i looked over at devin and daniel.

devin nodded, "we'll leave you two alone."
and as stated, the both of them got up from their seats and walked out of the room, leaving kevin and i alone in silence.

as soon as kevin heard the door click closed, he spoke up, "i've been wanting to explain what happened."

"kevin don't stress yourself out over this. i believe you," i held strong eye contact with him.

after a few seconds, i looked down at my feet.

"are you sure? because it really don't seem like it." it was obvious he was concerned about if i really did believe him.

i sighed, "kev it's ok-"

"is it really, ari?" he questioned.

"kevin it's fine!" i raised my voice as he looked down at his hands. "i'm sorry, i didn't mean to sound so mean, but kevin this isn't the right time to talk about what happened. with the position your in right now- it's just not the right time."

he shook his head and scoffed, "ari this is the right time, at least for me."

i faced him, his eyes full of sincerity.

"you think i'm gonna stress out if i tell you what happened now, but really i'm gonna stress out if i wait too long to tell you,"

he paused, "and yeah it seemed like we did something, shannon and i. but really it was all her. i didn't kiss her, she kissed me. when she came up to us and said that we did something, i was shocked. i didn't know what to do or say. i knew you were mad at that moment. i knew you were gonna do something so i let you do what you had to do;

get at her. and honestly she deserved that.

after you did what you did i was gonna explain everything, but you left, and i let you."

his eyes sparkled. he inhaled and exhaled sharply, then continued to speak.

"i'm in love with you ariana. now, i would never want to kiss another girl after you. when i kiss you, it feels like i've never kissed another girl before. you give me those weird but amazing feelings. ya know, the butterflies."

i blushed at his comments.

he smiled, "and our first date. i took you to the rollerblading rink, the beach to watch the sunset, and the planetarium. i've always planned on taking the perfect girl to those places. i found you, i took you there, and i will never regret it. i would never hurt you again, that will never be an intention of mine."

that made me happy. a single tear of joy rolled down my cheek as i got up from my chair, bent over next to kevin's bed, and hugged him. he wrapped an arm around me and hugged back.

"all i can say is, i love you, kevin," i whispered.

"i love you too, ari."

💜