ch. 12

> Ari's POV <
i woke up with arms tightly gripped around my waist.

i turned slowly to my left and saw kevin sleeping. i let his head lay on my chest, as i wrapped my arms around his neck. we laid there for a few minutes until i felt him move.

i let go of him and saw his eyes half way open.

"goodmorning kev," i said as he softly smiled.

"goodmorning ma," he took his arms off of my waist and stretched.

i sat up, and got out of bed.

i walked over to my bathroom and got ready for breakfast. i brushed my teeth, brushed my hair,  and got out my makeup kit.

i froze for a minute, then decided i didn't want to put any makeup on. i wasn't in the mood.

i walked out of the bathroom to see that kev wasn't in bed anymore. he must've went to get ready too.

i opened my closet and picked out some lazy type clothes, which consisted of a loose, black crop top, and grey nike sweat pants.

i closed my closet then turned around, only to be startled by kev who was quietly standing there.

shirtless.

"oh shi- i mean, um." i shook my head forcing myself not to stare.

he smiled at me and laughed, "it's aight, it's not like i don't stare at you either."

i playfully rolled my eyes and smiled back, as he put on his shirt.

---

i was downstairs, preparing breakfast with my girls jailene and emily.

i was getting the bacon done, jailene was finishing up the pancakes, and emily was placing the eggs onto the plates.

as we finished up, we placed the plates onto the table and put cups next to each one. we put two beverage choices there; orange juice and a berry smoothie.

i reached over across the table to place down a fork, as i felt a pair of hands around my waist.

i placed the fork, as kev spun me around to face him.

"what?" i smiled and blushed at him.

"thanks baby," he smiled at me and kissed my cheek, "i'll go get the boys."

kev left the kitchen as emily smirked at me, winking. i giggled. but jailene looked at me confused.

"and he said you and daniel would be cute?" she questioned.

"yeah," i sighed, "i really don't get him."

i took a seat at the table, as the boys entered the kitchen together.

"wait.. what?" emily asked as she took a seat. she was lost. she didn't know that kev said daniel and i would be cute together. it must've mad her upset, especially since she had a crush on daniel.

"it's nothing, em." jailene responded.

"what y'all hiding from us?" daniel asked as he smiled at his food.

"nothing, just eat." i said.

he laughed as we all started eating.

"this is really good," dev spoke, "cook for us more often."

the girls and i laughed as dev continued.

"so the boys and i wanted to know if y'all wanted to go to the carnival tonight."

"are you sure it'll be the carnival? because we have to be cautious when we agree to go anywhere wi-"

"yes, ari. the carnival. no jokes now." he said.

"fine," i said, "jay? em?"

they both nodded as they continued to drink their smoothies.

i wonder how tonight's gonna be.

especially with kev.