ch. 21

> Ari's POV <
i had fallen asleep in kev's car, but soon was woken up by him shaking me. was the ride really that long? it's already getting dark.

but i noticed.

we were in the city.

it was busy, yet breath taking. the streets and sidewalks were crowded with people roaming around to get to wherever destination they so needed to be. the sound of car honks echoed off of large city buildings, which displayed their own lights that shown through the reflection,

the reflection of kevin's hazel eyes.

i looked at him, still rested in the car chair.

"i parked the car, ready to goooo?" he asked me while i sat up.

"y-yeah, let's go." i opened the car door and stepped out. the car was pulled over to the side of the road, with yellow cabs parked in front and behind it. i shut the door as kev ran around the car to my side, which was where the sidewalk was.

his warm hand slithered down my arm, until it reached my hand. he intertwined our fingers and started walking, leading me to wherever he wanted to bring me.

after following him through the flowing river of people, we reached a building. once we entered, all you could hear, was silence. i observed the building, and it seemed that we were in a small cafe at the moment. the smell of brewing coffee filled the air, as i noticed several adults seated at tables, eating cookies and taking sips from small white cups.

kevin pulled my hand again, leading me to an elevator. we entered it, as he pressed the last button.

"to the top we go," he said with a smile on his face.

this building was pretty tall, because it took a while for us to get there.

*ding*

the elevator sounded.

the doors slid open as kevin placed his hand above my eyes. his other hand was still holding onto mine.

he brought me over to, i don't know, somewhere, as a cool breeze blew my hair back. i could still hear the sounds of a busy city, but they were a little more quiet now. his hand removed itself from above my eyes and i looked down to see the city lights.

yes, we were at the top of a building.

it was beautiful.

i carefully looked over the edge, as kevin leaned against it.

"isn't it great up here?" he asked, his arms were crossed but still rested on the edge.

"yeah, it's amazing," i smiled as i looked over the many people wandering below us. i felt his eyes on me, again.

"i wanted to give you something," he said. he reached into the pocket of the denim jacket he was wearing, and pulled out a small paper looking object.

he handed to me as i looked at it.

it was a picture of kev and i, on the swing ride at the carnival. i was in awe of how cute the picture was.

"lexi took it. she was sitting behind us," he said, looking at the picture with me.

it was adorable. kev and i holding hands, looking at each other with smiles on our faces. my hair blowing in the wind, as we swung around on the ride, with multiple color lights below us.

"it's perfect." i looked up at him and smiled big.

"i was gonna keep it, buhhhh i thought you should hold on to it instead. i lose things pretty fast," he laughed and so did i.

"i also wanted to tell you that you deserve the world. what i did to you wasn't cool of me, i know. i've never had a girl stand up to me like that so it struck me hard. i couldn't stop thinking about you, and i will never stop thinking about you," he said, stepping in a little closer.

"as long as you've realized what you've done, it's fine. but you can't just play like that. got it?" i smiled at him with my hands on my waist.

"got it," he said, slamming his lips into mine. his warm lips felt incredible in this cold air. i removed my hands from my waist and placed them on kevin's neck. his hands were positioned on my back, but slowly moved downward to my waist.

our lips slow danced as he pulled me closer, not wanting me to stop. i pulled him closer to me too, not wanting the moment to end.

a smile on the both of our faces broke the kiss as we pulled away.

"wanna go eat?" he said, smiling big.

"i'd like that," i smiled back.

he threw his arm around me as we went back into the elevator, out of the building, and back to his car. we picked up a box a pizza, and drove around the city. i was having an amazing time.

💜