ch. 17

> Ari's POV <
i was at school, and it was lunch.

i sat down at our usual table, waiting for the crew to come. i was lowkey nervous, because kev always sat with us.

thank god, devin came.

"ayy ari what's poppin?" he asked as he took a seat.

"eh not much as always." i continued to look around.

pretty soon, daniel and the girls took their seats too. but kev? i didn't see him at all.

"did kev come to school today?" i whispered to jailene.

she nodded, "yeah, but he's sitting with shannon and her bitches."

i looked over to their table, and surely enough, saw kevin sitting with them. he looked like he was fine, or more than fine. laughing at everything they were saying. shannon smiling at him, admiring him.

not gonna lie, i was jealous. i missed that smile. i wish i would be the one making him smile right now, but no. i just made his smile go away.

"you ok?" emily asked me.

"yeah, i'm fine." i sighed and rested my head on my hand.

"you'll get over him, soon." she smiled and wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

but no, that doesn't help. i can't just get over him by someone telling me i would. it takes time, and pain. not just words.

---

i was walking home with daniel; we were talking about so many random things that cause me to die of laughter.

we both finally stopped laughing.

"so how are you?" he asked, with a smile still displayed on his face.

"i'm good, i guess." i took a piece of hair off of my face, and tucked it behind my ear.

"you guess?" wow this kid was really checking up on me.

"yeah, getting over kevin and missing my mom" i replied with a slight smile.

"oh yeah, you told me what happened yesterday. and i also found out the real reason why you left the carnival. liar," he fake frowned as i laughed.

"sorry dani, but yeah. i don't need kevin," i flipped my hair.

"mhmm," he said as we laughed again.

"well anyway," daniel continued, "i was wondering if you wanted to come to the mall tonight with me, dev, and jailene. emily can't make it she has plans."

i smiled "sure, just give me a ride if you don't mind."

"yeah sure," he smiled back, "see ya ari."

i waved at him as i walked up to my house.

---

it was night, and i was getting ready to leave and go to the mall.

(a/n: outfit above)

i put on some light makeup and then decided to take a picture.

i posted it on the gram with the caption, "don't play with her, don't be dishonest."

right when i clicked my phone off, i heard a car horn honk outside. i looked out my bedroom door and saw devin's car.

i jogged down the stairs, out of my house, closing the front door.

i waved at the car and ran towards it, opening the back.

"hey guys," i said as i hopped in. devin was driving, jailene was sitting in the passenger seat, and daniel was sitting in the back with me.

"hey love," jailene greeted from the front.

"let's hit the road," devin said as he turned up the music playing through the radio.

*15 minutes later*

we finally made it to the mall, and we were all inside, deciding what we should do. we passed by a few stores, until we reached the movie theater.

"oooh let's watch a movie!" daniel suggested.

we all looked at each other and nodded in agreement, and looked at the different movies.

"ok dan and i are gonna choose a movie and surprise y'all. you guys should go get snacks," dev said.

i didn't really trust them with picking the movie, but i followed along anyways. jailene and i got popcorn, coke icee's, and candy.

we carried all of it back to the boys, who now had our movie tickets.

"sooo," i said as they smiled at me. very suspicious.

i then continued, "what did you guys choose?"

they showed us the tickets that said
Don't Breathe

i almost dropped all the food.

"why?! you guys know i hate scary movies!" i quietly yelled at them. jailene nodded, "same! i hate you guys right now."

they just laughed at us, "thanks for getting the food," daniel said.

"yeah whatever," i said, placing the food into daniel's arms.

we soon all walked into the theater, and sat down. the lights dimmed, and the movie soon started.

this movie scared me. i jumped multiple times, trying not to scream. jailene did the same. the boys laughed at us the whole time, and every time, i would slap them.

towards the close-end of the movie, jailene and i got up to go to the bathroom.

we walked into the women's restroom and sighed, "i can't handle that movie." jailene washed her hands from all the popcorn we ate.

"same," i said. an idea popped into my head, "we should scare them when we come back."

she evilly smirked, "yeah let's do that."

we planned everything out and walked back to the theater. the boys were sitting, but not watching the movie. they were talking instead.

we crawled behind their chairs, and thank god, there was no one in this row behind them.

right when we were going to jump up and scare them, i heard dev ask...

"so when are you gonna do it, veda?"

"ask out ari? i dunno, maybe when the time is right. but first i want her to like me back," daniel told him.

i looked at jailene. her eyes were wide and her jaw was dropped.

i had the same reaction.

daniel likes me.

💜