ch. 22

> Ari's POV <
i woke up the next morning happy as ever. last night was great and it was a time i would never forget. kevin was a really sweet, warm hearted guy. i appreciate him.

i sat up in my bed with a smile on my face, thinking about it. but my thoughts were disturbed by the sound of my text tone.

i looked over to my nightstand and reached my arm out, grabbing my phone.

8:14 AM
emily- how was it???
emily- are you awake?
emily- ok probs not.
emily- i'll wait.
8:37 AM
me- hi

emily was the type of friend who was always down for boy talks. i found it cute.
then i looked at my other messages.

8:30 AM
keviekev- yeo
keviekev- hi
keviekev- hello
keviekev- hola
keviekev- oh nah you sleepin
keviekev- are you?
keviekev- i miss you a lot i'm coming over later
keviekev- i wanna cry wya
me- shut up :))

i giggled at his texts then clicked my phone off. i got out of bed and went into the bathroom, to brush my teeth, brush my hair, and wash my face so it didn't look so whack. i felt like putting on absolutely no makeup today, so i left it as it was.

my curly hair was fixed into a messy bun, then i went over to my closet. i picked out an oversized, olive green tee, and put on some shorts. once i was done preparing myself for- nothing really, i went downstairs to eat.

i wasn't that hungry, so i didn't know what to eat exactly. i picked up my phone and texted kev.

me- keeeevvvvvvv
keviekev- AYY WASSUP SHAWTY
me- can you get me food
keviekev- oh
keviekev- ok
me- love you!!
keviekev- ahh got me cheesin, love you too 😘

i sat on the couch, on my phone and waited about 15 minutes before i heard a knock at my door. i sprung off of the couch and ran to the door, opening it.

there stood kevin- with devin. devin was holding a bunch of food; his face was straight. kevin was smiling at me with his arms wide open. i smiled back and gave him a huge hug. again, his scent was incredible and he felt so warm and so comforting.

"i missed you," he said while holding me.

"i missed you too," i said, inhaling his scent.

"it's only been a few hours and y'all already miss each other?" devin said, giggling.

kevin and i pulled away from our hug and nodded at dev.

i let them inside as dev immediately went into the kitchen, and set the food on the dining table. i followed him and observed what they brought; strawberries with a side of nutella, waffles, and a few cups of vanilla yogurt.

oh yum.

i sat down and picked out my food, stuffing it in my face. i dipped the strawberries into the nutella and ate it, it was so juicy and delicious i cry. as i was eating, the boys soon sat down and started to eat with me.

after a few minutes, i ate my last piece of waffle. i looked up, noticing the boys were still eating. i sighed and grabbed a cup of vanilla yogurt, along with a spoon.

as i was eating, i heard a phone buzz.

dev picked his phone up from the table and looked at it, "aw crap, i gotta go. my moms gonna kill me." he got up from the table and threw away his paper plate.

"ahh have fun with that, see ya," kev said as devin left.

i took my last spoonful of yogurt and looked up at kev.

he looked at me and giggled, "you have a lil somethin on ya lip shawty."

i giggled as i felt heat rise to my cheeks. i was about to wipe it off until he said, "let me get that for you."

he leaned in and placed his lips on mine, licking the vanilla off. his lips tasted so good.

he soon pulled away and licked his lips; yum. i smiled at him and got up, throwing away my trash. i turned and walked back to the table, sitting at my spot. kevin was still staring at me which i couldn't help but blush a little.

"what?" i asked.

"you're not wearing makeup," he replied.

"yeah, i know. i look so ug-"

"you're beautiful," he cut me off.

i looked down at the ground and smiled, this kid made me feel amazing.

"ari, ya know i can't get you out of my mind. i would never wanna try to stop thinkin bout you. you're so gorgeous, so amazing, " he paused as he lifted up my chin with his pointer finger, "i wanna claim you. i want you to be mine. will you go out with me?"

my eyes brightened up as a smile grew across my face, "of course kev."

i got up from the table and so did he, i opened up my arms and gave him the biggest hug. it felt so right to be in his arms.

"imma help clean this up then we're going on a date," he said, picking up trash from the table.

"already?" i laughed as i started to help him.

"yes already."

💜