ch. 13

> Ari's POV <
i left my black crop top on, but changed into ripped jeans and put on my timbs. tonight was a little cooler than usual, but i didn't even care to grab a jacket.

i put on light makeup, which consisted of winged eyeliner, mascara, and some highlight.

gotta have that glo b.

i was the only one home at the moment, because the crew each went to their houses to get ready.

i was done getting ready and had nothing else to do.

i looked at the time.

6:29 PM

i still had 30 minutes to spare.

with that, i went downstairs and sat on my couch, turning on the TV. i skipped through a few channels until my phone started ringing. i lowered the volume on the TV and looked at the caller id. (a/n: "caller id, caller id" aw)

it was my mom.

i answered the phone, "hello?"

"hey sweetie! how's everything?" my mom spoke up.

"everything's going well, i guess. i really miss you."

i heard her sigh through the phone, "i miss you too love. i'll be home sooner than you think, ok?"

"ok mom." a tear rolled down my cheek.

"just wanted to check on you. i love you."

"i love you too, mom." i said as she hung up.

i sat there and cried a little. why was i being such a baby? i thought i could handle this. i guess not.

"boo!" daniel jumped onto the couch, in front of me, "ready to- is everything ok?"

"yeah," i said as i quickly started wiping the tears off of my face, "thanks."

"what's wrong?" he asked as he sat up next to me.

"nothing daniel, it's fine. we should really get going. they're waiting right?" i sniffled.

"y-yeah, let's go." he got up and reached his hand out for me.

i slightly smiled as i put my hand in his.

we left my house and walked up to the car that was waiting for us right out front.

i opened the car door, not realizing that daniel and i were holding hands.

kevin was sitting there, on the left side of the car.

he smiled at me, but saw my hand in daniels.
his smile slowly faded away, as his attention then moved to the window he sat next to.

i slowly let go of daniels hand and crawled into the car, sitting next to kev. then, daniel sat next to me on my right. a sandwich. wow.

"hey, i'm lexi." a gorgeous girl with amazing facial structure, brown, curly hair with blonde highlights, and kinda carried a resemblance of devin- sat in the drivers seat, smiling at me through the reflection of a little mirror on the ceiling of the car.

"i'm ariana, or ari. nice to meet you." i said as she put the key in the ignition and started the car. devin sat next to her in the passengers seat.

lexi handed dev the aux cord as he plugged it into his phone, scrolling through his playlist.

then the song started playing.

"don't" by bryson tiller.

the song soon started as i turned to look at kev, who was still looking out the window.
"don't play with her, don't be dishonest"

i admired kev's looks. his sharp jawline, his hazel eyes, which looked glossy in the moonlight, his soft lips that i wish would connect to mine during every minute that passed.

and he always knew how to dress.

tonight he wore a black jacket, with an olive tee under it, black sweatpants and a pair of timbs like mine. he topped it all off with a black cap.

but i didn't get it. i could definitely feel that he's messing with my feelings. why?

without even thinking, my hand moved a little too close to kev's. his attention shifted from the window, down at my hand which was now on top of his. he intertwined our fingers, as he smiled at me, then looked back out the window.

that smile.

his hand in mine.

tonight's gonna be great.

---

after about 10 minutes, we finally pulled up to the carnival.

lexi parked the car in an empty spot, then took the key out of the ignition. "y'all ready to go?" she asked as she smiled at us all. i smiled back and nodded, so did the boys.

kevin opened the car door and hopped out, releasing my hand. he stood there by the door and waited for me to come out too. as soon as i came out, he shut the door.

"where's em and jailene?" i asked devin.

"they're waiting for us at the entrance." he replied as he led the way.

we all followed him, until i spotted the girls standing there patiently, on their phones.

i ran up to them as they looked up at me and smiled.

"hey babes." i said as i pulled them into a group hug. they giggled and hugged me back. lexi soon came after me, giving them hugs too.

"OMG AHHH." the boys squealed, mocking us, throwing their hands in the air and running towards us.

jailene squinted her eyes, "you guys suck."

we all laughed as we entered the carnival grounds, getting our tickets.

💜