Nine

"Did you really say that?" Tabitha, one of your roommates asked you. "I mean you really told your sister that you didn't want to be part of your family?"

"Yes I did," You say, standing up, and beginning to pace around your dorm. "And the thing is, I don't regret it."

"Listen, (Y/N)," Says, one of your other roommates. "I know you really want to be friends with Malfoy, and I know you want to be popular, but this isn't the way to do it. Just go apologize to your sister and-"

"No!" You exclaim. "You don't understand. My sister is the entire problem. My family is the problem! My family is the first thing people think of when they think of me." I turn around, letting out an agonizing sigh. "Oh, (Y/N), she's a Weasley, right?" You say in a slight mocking tone. "I don't want being a Weasley to be my thing. I don't want to just be known as a Weasley. That's why I'm friends with Malfoy, that's why I'm doing what I'm doing."

"But (Y/N), don't you think this is taking it a little bit far?" Tabitha asks.

"No, I don't." You say. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a class to get to."

***

You're walking in the courtyard when someone taps you on the shoulder when you feel someone tap you on the shoulder. You turn around sharply to see Hermione there, her wide brown eyes staring into your eyes.

"Oh, uh hey Herm-" You say only to be stopped my Hermione quickly punching you in the jaw. "What the hell?" 

"That's for calling me a mudblood," Hermione says. As you stand up, she punches you in the nose, causing you to fall backward. 

You hold a hand up to your face, and a droplet of blood falls down onto your hand. 

"And what was that one for?" You ask, standing up. 

"That's for not being you. This person you've become," Hermione says. "I-it's not you, (Y/N)."

"Well, then what is me?" You ask. 

"You are fooling around with your sister, stealing candy from your brothers," You begin to walk away until Hermione finishes her sentence. "And being friends with people no matter their family. No matter their blood."