Four

You and Ginny are walking in the corridors when you see Malfoy. Ginny elbows you. You look at her.

"Not yet," You say. "Soon." Malfoy continues outside while you and Ginny are inside.

"Eat slugs Malfoy!" You hear Ron say, then hear a thump. Great. Ron landed in his butt again.

You walk out to see Ron and Harry run off to Hagrid.

"Hey Malfoy!" You walk over to him. "Those are my friends. You mess with them, you mess with me."

"Yeah, like I'm scared of this little Weasley girl," Malfoy laughs.

"You should be," You say, slapping him straight across the face. He stumbles a bit, then looks up a you and Ginny.

"You'll pay for this, Weasley." He whimpers, running off.

You turn around and see Hermione standing behind you.

"Thanks for that," She says. "It was great seeing Draco get slapped across the face like you just did. You're pretty cool, (Y/N). We should hang out sometime. See you around."

"Thanks," you say, shaking your hand a bit. "It felt(on) kinda good. See you, Hermione." She

Hermione walks off after Ron and Harry.

Ginny stands beside you, and gives you a glance.

"She was so flirting with you," Ginny says.

"She was not," you deny.

"You're pretty cool. We should hang out sometime," Ginny mocks in a high-pitched voice. "She was all over you!"

"I think I would know if a girl was hitting on me, Ginny," You say. "Besides, it's not like I even have a chance with her anyways...," Your voice trails off.

"Oh my god, (Y/N)!" Ginny exclaims. "You are so in love with her."

"Am not!" You say.

"Uh huh," Ginny says sarcastically. "Sure you're not."

"I'm not!" You exclaim.

"Yeah, we'll just go with that," Ginny says.

***

You are sitting in the Slytherin common room, enjoying a muggle story Hermione had given you a few days ago; she was always so giving to you. The fireplace beside the dark green couch was lit. You always loved the smell of a burning log fire. Reminded you of home at the burrow. Mum cooking in the kitchen, and yelling at Fred and George to stop being idiots, Ron concentrating way, way too hard on trying to get a leaf to move, only for you and Ginny to break his concentration. Oh god, how you missed your home.

Of course, Hogwarts was absolutely amazing, no doubt about that, but it wasn't quite a home. Sure, you had friends and family (and lots of family), but it didn't feel like home.

Your thoughts are broken when you hear someone walk into the room. You hear them walk around and sit on the couch across from the one that you are sitting on. You look up from your book to see Draco sitting in front of you.

Almost wanting to vomit at mere sight of him, you begin to stand up, only to be stopped by a voice.

"Weasley, wait!" He says. You sit back down.

"What do you want, Draco?" You ask.

"I was wondering," Draco leans back on the couch. "You seem pretty cool. You seem like a real asset to any team. You wanna hang out with my team? We'll do much better for you than your little Weasley sister."

"First of all," You begin. "Just stop using 'Weasley' as an insult if you want me not to projectile vomit on you just by thinking about being on the same planet as you. And second of all, what would be in it for me?"

"Well, you'd start by being known less as a Weasley," Draco says, a smirk beginning to form on his face. "And more as a hero to the school. Plus, you won't be held back by your family. I know you're a true Slytherin. You'd be  a great asset. You wanna start hanging out with a better crowd?"