Five

You're sat in front of Malfoy, slightly surprised at what he had just asked.

"(Y/N)?" You hear him say, but don't bother to look up. You keep your focus on the ground, as this distracted you from the possible future scenarios in your head. On one hand, your family and friends might not like you as much, not to mention Hermione. But on the other hand, all of your fellow Slytherins would love you, rather than laugh at you. You decide you'd rather have your family crying than your friends laughing. Sounds shallow, but you knew that you always wanted to be thought of as a true Slytherin. Fred and George had been teasing you about how you would be put in Slytherin, and they'd be doing it as if being a Slytherin was a bad thing. You may be related to them by blood, but Malfoy has blood too. It may not be like yours, but his intentions are the same as yours.

"Yes," You say, looking back up at the blonde-haired boy in front of you. "The answer is yes. I'll join you." Draco reached out a hand. You place your hand in for a handshake.

***

You are walking in the courtyard along with Draco when Ginny approaches you.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" She says, stepping in front of you.

"Uh, hey Ginny." You greet her, slightly concerned.

"So the first quidditch game is tonight," she says. "Gryffindor versus Slytherin. I know you're a Slytherin, but our family is Gryffindor so I was wondering if you wanted to come sit in the Gryffindor stands with-"

"She's sitting with the Slytherins, Weasley," Draco interrupts.

"I don't think (Y/N) needs your protection, Malfoy," Ginny says.

"Ginny, I'm fine," You say. "I'm with my friends that are the same house as me. My family may be Gryffindor, but that doesn't mean my friends have to be too." You turn to Draco. "Let's go. We've got a quidditch match to prepare for."

***

You're sat in the stands watching the quidditch game. You watched as Harry and Draco chased after the snitch, while Oliver Wood nearly got his head blown off by a bludger.

You looked across the field. Ginny, Ron, and Hermione were watching. Hermione gave you a subtle glance, with a slight look of disgust. Ginny had probably told her that you were hanging out with Draco. You knew Hermione hated him, as it was quite obvious. Draco had always been horrible to Hermione. You knew he would make you be horrible to her as well, no matter how much you didn't want to.

The game went on and both houses cheered for their team. You weren't paying attention to the game or the people around you.

You were thinking.

Was agreeing to hang out with Malfoy a mistake? Would your family not like you? Would Hermione not like you? You cared about Hermione, there was no doubt about that. But did she still care about you after hearing you were hanging out with Malfoy? After rejecting Ginny's offer to sit with them? What if she was jealous of Malfoy? What if she was jealous of you?

You look at how the game is going. Draco and Harry nearly broke a stand full of Hufflepuff students chasing after the snitch. But you didn't care much right now. You didn't care about the game, you didn't care who won, you didn't care who you were sitting with, you seed about what Hermione was thinking. Of course you denied to Ginny that you had feelings for her, but the given proof said otherwise. You hear Jordan announce the winner.

"Harry Potter has caught the snitch!" He says. "Gryffindor wins!"

***