Eight

Your family is sat at the table, eating your Christmas dinner. You're wearing your Weasley sweater; it was dark green with your initial in red across the front. Your brothers were talking about something, you weren't sure what. Your thoughts were occupied by other things. Like Hermione. You had been thinking about her a lot lately.

"It was amazing!" Ron exclaims. "The best game of quidditch I've ever seen!"

"What about you, (Y/N)?" Arthur says. "What've you been doing at school?"

"Yeah, whatever." You say moving your chicken around on your plate.

"(Y/N)'s been hanging out with Malfoy," Percy says.

Your head shoots up, staring Percy in the eyes.

"Percy!" You exclaim.

"What? I'm not gonna lie." Percy says and returns to eating.

You sigh, looking back down at your plate.

"She's joined the crew and everything," Says Fred. 

"Sitting with them at meals," Says George. 

"Going everywhere with them,"

"Even called someone a mudblood and everything," 

"Yeah, and that someone was Hermione." Ron says disappointedly. 

"Well, uh," Molly says. "(Y/N) is free to be friends with whoever she likes." She smiles a phoney smile.

***

You are sat in your room, laying on your bed, just starting at the ceiling.

"Ginny?" You say. Your sister looks over at you.

"Do you think mum was upset that I'm friends with Draco?" You ask. "I mean, did you see the look on her face? She looked disgusted. And then that fake smile."

"Well, I don't think she's too upset," Ginny says. "She's probably just surprised. I guess to her you never seemed like the kind of person who would hang out with him."

You look over at her.

"What are you saying?" You ask.

"I'm saying that she doesn't think of you as that kind of person." Ginny answers.

"What do you mean that kind of person? A Slytherin? Is that what you mean?" You say. "And maybe I like being a Slytherin. Maybe I don't wanna be a Gryffindor. Maybe I don't wanna be like the rest of my family. And maybe, just maybe, I don't really wanna be part of this family!"

Ginny turned away, silent. She clearly no longer wanted to speak to you.

***