Transcendence

Time passed quickly as Mira immersed herself into observing and studying the humans that had come to see her. She had been interacting with them for most of the day and became so thoroughly entranced she did something very un-Miorpean, she lost track of time. Suddenly she was finding it difficult to concentrate and think. Her vision became blurry and even her temperament was changing, she was becoming ... impatient with the humans gathered about her.

Fayala sensed her mood change as well and signed if the Goddess was well. Mira closed her eyes, placed her free hand on her chest and felt her upper circulatory bivalve quivering. Suddenly grasping the problem Mira chastised herself, she had forgotten to refresh her energy core.

        Mira signed that she needed to replenish, placed a confused Fayala on the ground, gathered her feet beneath her and slowly stood up. She looked down at those directly below her. Concerned that she may lose her balance and injure one with an errant foot step Mira motioned they should move away. However, so many humans had arrived at the pond that space in the arroyo had become a premium.

     Mira stepped backwards towards the cliff wall, away from the pond and the humans.  She steadied herself and began the process of photosynthesis. She slowly raised her hands above her head, the loose sleeves of her sartorial slid down exposing her lustrous arms and the fabric encasing her legs parted. The humans watched her every movement enraptured with anticipation that something special was about to happen.

     The sun had begun to set below the hazy horizon and Mira realized that she needed to absorb as much light as quickly as possible and there was only one way to ensure that happened. She undid a clasp at the back of her neck and let the sartorial drop away fully exposing her entire body to the life-giving rays of the planet's waning Sun.   

     The sudden and unexpected sight of Mira's nude statuesque, translucent body brought gasps and animated murmurings from the throng of enthralled humans. The ensuing process of converting the sun's rays to energy caused her luminous body to glow and glimmer with a soft bluish-green radiance. It was if her entire body was blooming with yellow, red, and blue hues of light that appeared to emanate from deep within her. A reflection of the dazzling display  was visible on the cliff-side behind Mira creating an illusion that part of her extended up and fanned out on the stone wall like shadowy wings. To the hundreds of humans gathered on the hillside she appeared ethereal, angelic. 

    The sun had slid beneath the mountain peak and dusky shadows began to cover the area. The growing murkiness served only to increase the visible radiance that illumined Mira's core making her internal physique visible to the throng of amazed humans.  It was as if Mira had absorbed the cosmic rays coming down from the sky and become the sun itself projecting her light and warmth upon them.  

     Mira was proving to be everything expected of a divine being. The combination of her transcendental exposure and her subsequent manipulation of the spiritual energy inspired the devotional  humans to believe that before them was the physical embodiment of the Earth Goddess herself.

     The exposure to the ultraviolet rays cleared the haziness from her mind and allowed Mira to truly reflect on the significance of this moment. She saw in the faces of the humans that her display was having a mystical, even spiritual effect upon them. Inspired by their piety Mira extended her arms to the sky and channeled the air from her single lung into the chambered void within her chest cavity. This created a low resonance sound the humans could not only hear but feel at the subliminal essence of their being. Those that were not already prostrate before the Goddess threw their faces to the ground in jubilant worship.

     Standing fully erect, she gazed down at the multitude of enthusiastic celebrants that had gathered at this site to see her. Mira had become acutely aware of the hypnotic effect her presence had on these simple creatures, they had come to this sacred place to see a Goddess, to see her, and she found the experience  exhilarating. Mira suppressed her innate Miorpean inhibitions and succumbed to a base desire, she wanted to be worshiped.

    Mira needed  to voice the rapturous feelings welling up in her and to express her emotions in a way that all could feel and hear. She took in a deep breath and exhaled  creating a sound that in her mind portrayed the grandeur of this world. She could not remember the last time she sang, and to the humans the sound of Mira's voice was like the wind wafting through the tallest trees, a breeze that caused the fields of wheat to swim, or a gust making the river ripple and curl.

     A few humans, and only a few, viewed the proceedings from a distance and questioned, why is She here now? The appearance of a God in their midst once before foretold a great calamity. Was this Earth Goddess their savior, or their end?