Yellow - 56

After hanging out with Jughead at the diner for a few hours, Alice went home. To say she was nervous would be an understatement, as she felt rather ambivalent about the whole situation. She still held onto the resentment that had manifested inside her, and yet she still wished to be close to her father, who was the only family she had left, and so, as she made her way home from Pop's, Alice did not sulk nor did she smile. 

     When she finally arrived at her house, Bianca greeted her at the door, to which Alice replied with a polite smile, despite the fact that she wasn't particularly happy, both in that moment and in general. 

     Although she had reconnected with Jughead, Betty, and Archie, she had grown a bit farther from Cheryl. Ever since Jason's death, Alice had been without one of her best friends, even if she'd gotten closer to her old ones. She often found herself in tears at night as she laid in the quiet darkness, thinking about how unfair it was that he had lost his life so young. Jason never got to graduate, or go to college, or get married. His life was ended before it had even started, and maybe that was why Alice so desperately desired for Jason's killer to be found. Life was cruel, but perhaps the people who live it are even crueler. 

     And so, as Alice made her way to the dining room where she was sure her father was waiting, she thought of Jason, and she was filled with determination. (...did I just referenced undertale in 2017?

     Her father looked up at her as she entered the room, his face was a mix of something like satisfaction and something else, something that Alice couldn't quite put her finger on. 

     She sat down, taking in how exquisite the dining room truly was as she did so. The room wasn't minimalist in any way, and to call it a grand space would be an understatement. The large mahogany table took up most of the vast space the room offered, left without a tablecloth, daring anyone who sat there to ruin the perfectly varnished shine with their fingerprints. Two tall, gold candelabras commanded attention from the center of the table, holding smooth white candles whose wax never dripped. The room could be described as moody, what with the dark decor, although some might call it romantic, as the blackened-red accents that were scattered around the room gave off an amorous vibe that complemented the picturesque style of the house. 

The air was so brittle with tension it could snap, and if it doesn't, Alice might, but instead she decides to break the thickening silence, "Seven years."

She doesn't get a reply, so she continues.

"Seven years I've lived with you, and you barely speak a word to me. So why is it that today, you want to talk to me?"

His lips move, changing into what must be his version of a surprised smile, but it's not really, it's more of a smug movement that makes her blood start to boil.

"What, was that not what you were expecting?" She asks, pushing further.

He chuckles lowly before saying, "You truly are your mother's daughter."

    "And you truly are a piece of shit, but I doubt you asked me here so that we could point out the obvious."

     "Blunt," he observes, "I can appreciate it."

     She hates the calm way he speaks, like nothing is wrong. She hates the way he never raises his voice, because then she knows she hasn't made him mad, hasn't made him hate her the way she hates him.

     "How's school?"

     His question muddled her, confusion mixing with anger mixing with more confusion.

     "Jason Blossom is dead, so, you know, that's an accurate summary of how fucking well school is," Alice hissed, her words coming out just as harsh as she'd intended.

     Her father was, as usual, unfazed by her response, if not amused by it. "I've heard you've made new... friends,"

     Alice pulled a poker face, his reply eliciting no facial or verbal response, so he continued speaking.

      "Betty Cooper...Jughead Jones... Archie Andrews...ring any bells?" He asked her.

     "Oh, so you're stalking me now? Okay."

     "I thought I told you last year, Allison. You can't associate yourself with those kinds of people."

     "It's Alice. Just Alice." She snapped back, annoyed. 

     "Your mother named you Allison." 

     "Yeah, well, she's been dead for seven years," Alice said coldly, each word coming out slowly, as though it pained her to say them, "You'd know all about that though, wouldn't you?"

      Before he got the chance to reply she added one last quip, "You can tell me not to hang with my supposedly inferior friends, you can try to make me be like Cheryl and Veronica, you can threaten to cut me off, but no matter how much money you make, no matter how wealthy you are, I will always hate you."

     And with that, she stood up and walked out of the dining room, and kept walking straight out the  front door, leaving nothing but heavy silence in her place.

.

.

.

.

-I'M BACK AYYYYYYYYY-

-ahhhh this chapter was so difficult to write I hope it came out goodish-

-so yeah basically we see some stuff about alice's family.. also hope this kinda explains more about why Jug, Bets, Archie, and Alice used to be friends but then she stopped hanging out with them and became friends with Cheryl and Jason, and also why she knows Veronica and stuffs!-

- qotd: how's school so far?- 

- aotd: okay/good i guess! i get to see some of my friends but still get bullied a bit so yeah-

-also i told one of my school friends about this book (not gonna say ur name but if ur the girl who sits behind me in third period then yeahhh i'm talking about you lol)

- there was like,,,, a bomb threat at my school like 3 days ago??? it was super crazy and we had to get evacuated and stuff it was kinda scary but like it was all g cause the police came and we were all safe and stuff but yeah... the world is crazy asf-

-gonna try to post another update on wednesday! also my pjo-hp crossover book is coming soon! :) stay hyped my friends... in the next update I will reveal the title-

-okay bye! love you guys so much! thank you for staying with me while I was on hiatus!-