Gray - 30

- a/n hey friends, just wanted to say thanks for 50k and also thx for allowing us hit #66 in fanfiction! additionally, i've made a few edits to chapter 29, nothing super major that you'd have to re-read, just a few small changes to some of the dialogue. okayyy, let's get into the chapter!-

The sun shone down on the small town, making the September afternoon feel like a midsummer's day. A cool breeze was present as Alice and Jughead walked along the pavement.

"So, you confronted Archie? How did that go?" She asked, recalling the boy's intentions of confronting Archie the other day.

"He's protecting her," Jughead sighed, "She's... messing with his mind, he's not thinking right."

Alice nodded, as it was very clear that the boy wearing the varsity jacket was not the same boy she had known from a few months ago.

"Did he," Alice asked, "say how long they were... together?"

There are many words that people associate with Jughead Jones, and compassionate is not usually one of them. His indifferent, sardonic, nonchalant attitude that had a way of making you feel like he was the smartest guy in the room often left people to think that he didn't care for many people. And while that was true, the people he did care about, he cared for deeply. Luckily, Alice was one of those people.

Jughead felt sympathetic as he heard Alice's voice, because he knew how close Alice and Archie were, even before they had dated.  He couldn't imagine the heartbreak that she would've felt when she found out that Archie, one of her closest friends and her boyfriend, had been cheating on her. And along with sympathy, the novelist felt anger, because his ex-friend was truly an idiot, but also something else, that he couldn't quite place.

"Since the summer," he told her honestly, getting a nod in response as they continued walking.

A few moments of comfortable quietness fell between them, before Alice spoke again.

"How's your novel coming?" She asked him.

"Good, really good actually. It's hard to capture the exact events of what happened though..."

Alice listened as Jughead continued talking about his book. The way he got excited when talking about things he was genuinely passionate about, it was just lovely.  She smiled, hearing him talk more about the novel. 

- i'm so sorry but i lowkey did not know how to end this chapter so it just kind of cut off oddly and just like ???-

-thanks for 50k. really, seriously, actually, thank YOU. yes you, the person reading this, because you are helping this book get even more popular and i am so grateful-

-wtf we hit 50k wow why this book is trash why is this even being read i literally don't even know how to end a chapter properly and yet this book is somehow being read-

-qotd: do you have any siblings?-

-aotd: yes, i have a sister-

- also, i literally have not seen ep3 or ep4 yet, because i'm waiting until i finish writing about ep2, so i'm going to try to finish writing about ep2 today-