Yellow - 55

Alice was skipping class. Again. This had to have been at least the third time this year, never mind it being the third time in general. 

     English class had ended just a few minutes ago, and after the two teens shared a knowing glance, they left the building. As usual, Alice and Jughead climbed into her car, both of them buzzing from the thrill of cutting class. 

     "You know, this is the third time we've done this," Alice said casually after a bit of comfortable silence. "Skipped school, I mean."

     Jughead shrugged, as though he wasn't particularly bothered, as a small but smug smile graced his lips, "Well, they do say the third time's a charm."

     Alice rolled her eyes playfully, before turning her attention back to the road ahead of them. Technically, she wasn't old enough to drive, but she wasn't particularly worried due to the fact that small towns like Riverdale aren't exactly strict to families with bigger bank accounts, like the Blossoms or the Riveras.

     It wasn't long before the duo arrived at Pop's, which wasn't extremely surprising, considering most things in Riverdale were in close proximity to each other. When the teens left the parking lot and entered the diner, they were quick to sit down in one of the booths.

     "So," Jughead started, "What's wrong? And don't tell me nothing, because you were pretty upset when you walked into class today."

     A sigh escaped her lips. "Family issues, I guess," Alice mumbled, her mind racing as she ran her hand through her hair.

    Intrigued, Jughead leaned back. "Trouble in paradise...Who would've thought that Riverdale's golden family was having conflicts of it's own?"

     For what had to have been the millionth time that day, Alice rolled her eyes. "Riverdale's golden family? You must be talking about the Coopers, or at least the pre-Jolly Coopers."

     "Pre-Jolly?" Jughead asked, confused. 

     "Jolly," Alice began to explain, "Polly and Jason. Their names together, they make Jolly, you see? And before Jolly happened, the Coopers were pretty much Riverdale's golden family."

   "I see," Jughead continued, amused at the ship name she had come up with, "but what about post-jolly?"

     "Hm, maybe the McCoy's? Or, maybe the Blossoms," Alice suggested before adding, "Either way, it's certainly not my family."

     "And why's that?"

     "Buy me a milkshake, and I'll tell you."

     Just a few minutes later, and Alice was sharing a vanilla milkshake with Jughead, getting ready to explain what had gotten her so upset earlier that day. 

     "My step-mother called me today..."

     "Oh?" Jughead asked, somewhat surprised, "What'd she say?"

     "My father wants to have dinner with me tonight," Alice huffed. "According to Bianca, he wants to talk to me."

     "That's not good," Jughead said, observantly. "Remind me as to why it's not good, again?"

     He took another sip of the milkshake as she elaborated, "My father hasn't spoken to me since my 15th birthday, Jug. And now, all of a sudden, he wants to have dinner with me to 'discuss things', whatever the hell that means.  I'm not being paranoid, am I?"

     "Of course you're not being paranoid, this situation is a bit suspicious," Jughead said, before adding, "So, you are going to go talk to him, right?"

     "What? No! Of course I'm not, I hate him," Alice scoffed.

     "Woah there, Juliet. Hate him? Why? What'd he do?" Jughead asked.

     "'What'd he do?' Honestly, what didn't he do. He ruined our family, and now we're all broken up. All shattered, like broken glass. I'd like to think that, deep down inside, that he's a good person, or that he'll make better choices, but it's not true. The hate doesn't ebb, it just multiplies, time after time after time."

     And in that moment, as the last sentence fell from her lips, Jughead understood exactly what she meant. And yet, he didn't want her to give up, like he felt he had.

     "I know what you mean Alice, I really do. Still, I think you should try. Try, and give him a chance. You never know what might happen, I mean c'mon, aren't you curious?" 

     "Curiosity killed the cat," Alice pointed out.

     "But satisfaction brought it back."

     And so, taking Jughead's advice into account, it was right then that Alice decided that she would comply with her father's request, and meet with him later that evening.

.

.

.

.

.

.

-  GUYS. I..I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. I JUST, I'M SPEECHLESS. ALICE HIT 500k READS THE OTHER DAY... HELPIMFREAKINGOUT AHHHHHHHHHH-

- ALSO WE HIT 20k VOTES??? THANK YOU???? AHHHHHHHHHHH-

-im sorry im just like really really happy and excited ahhhh-

-btw i love you-

-also last chapter i said i would take suggestions for faceclaims in my new HP-PJO crossover, so if you'd like to suggest a faceclaim for one of the following characters, feel free to do so: nico, percy, annabeth, rachel, jason, leo (bad boy supreme), and thalia. oh and also hazel.-

-qotd:  how are you guys?? if you have summer break, how is it going??-

-aotd: i'm actually doing pretty okay! i cut some negative people out of my life recently, also i've been drinking more water, so i've been feeling a bit better recently. summer break is good, been hanging out with my friend imagen a lot! 

-anyways i just wanted to thank you all again for reading this story!-

- don't forget to follow me sarcasticandbored (pls im desperate)-

AUGUST SIXTH EDIT, THIS BOOK AND MY ACC ARE CURRENTLY ON HIATUS.... I WILL RETURN (AT SOME POINT) 

SEPT ELEVENTH UPDATE, I'M BACK AYYYYYY